Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Shooting at Congressional Ball Field

KAWDUP

Police in Virginia said on Wednesday that they were investigating a ?multiple shooting?, with reports that Congressional staff were shot at a baseball practice. Police were on the scene in minutes. At least 50 shots were fired.

I think Majority Whip Scalise was shot in the hip. The man was not killed but was shot and is in custody.

Scalise is the only one with a security team. If they hadn't been there to return fire, it might have been a massacre.

Reports were that one of the Congressman was asked by a stranger if this was the Republican's or Democrat's practice, but they have no way of knowing if it was same man.

shame on these Republicans for not carrying guns to protect themselves from the mass shootings they help enable.

good thing trained professionals were on hand.

prepare to read all about new legislation allowing amateur baseball players to carry machine guns and wear body armor at batting practice

shame on these Republicans for not carrying guns to protect themselves from the mass shootings they help enable.

prepare to read all about new legislation allowing amateur baseball players to carry machine guns and wear body armor at batting practice

. . . while you prepare to be your normal insensitive ass hole self.

Last edited:
Reports were that one of the Congressman was asked by a stranger if this was the Republican's or Democrat's practice, but they have no way of knowing if it was same man.

I've always said this event should be non-partisan, and make the teams eastern states versus Western states instead of political party versus political party to avoid this exact type of thing.

I've always said this event should be non-partisan, and make the teams eastern states versus Western states instead of political party versus political party to avoid this exact type of thing.

Plus they really need to make it mean something. Maybe the winning team gets to pick the location of the first 2020 Presidential Debate? Otherwise they're just going to go through the motions and might not want to even show up and subject themselves to shootings and whatnot.

Plus they really need to make it mean something. Maybe the winning team gets to pick the location of the first 2020 Presidential Debate? Otherwise they're just going to go through the motions and might not want to even show up and subject themselves to shootings and whatnot.

That's a good idea, and it works right into the geographical division.

Every Congress person wants that first debate on their own side of the Mississippi River.

Blow it out jer ass michchump

Are we really making jokes about this? Ffs.

keeping a sense of humor about mass shootings, to the extent possible, is the one way I preserve my sanity, knowing that some significant number of my fellow citizens are heavily armed and may snap at any time and place, killing me and/or my loved ones without warning, and this situation has been mainly enabled by the actions of gun manufacturers, their industry sales lobbyists like the NRA, and their Republican allies in congress.

Yeah, that's fucked up.

Hey, only the crazy fucker is dead; the more violently psychotic crazy who die without killing anyone else is a good thing.

Everyone else is gonna be fine.

House Majority Whip is a pretty important person, but up until today nobody knew the person's name is Steve Scalise.

He's now an immediate hero and has been catapulted right into the 2020 Republican presidential nominee discussion.

The weather isn't really bad today in DC; a little warm and humid and overcast, but it's not pouring down rain or anything.

Seems like a win all around to me.

keeping a sense of humor about mass shootings, to the extent possible, is the one way I preserve my sanity, knowing that some significant number of my fellow citizens are heavily armed and may snap at any time and place, killing me and/or my loved ones without warning, and this situation has been mainly enabled by the actions of gun manufacturers, their industry sales lobbyists like the NRA, and their Republican allies in congress.

I'm just a nihilist.

sticks and stones...

Two things make it very unfunny for me.

1) They play dems vs. repubs as a charity event. It raised $650,000 dollars for under-privileged kids in the DC area.
2) At least one Congressman had their son there shagging fly balls, and even though everyone dove for cover in one of the dugouts, the guy was moving around and at one point had a clear view into the dugout.

So when I say it could have been a massacre, I wasn't making a political statement about gun control, just that the men and women on the security detail were heroes.

Your explanation about keeping your sanity is BS too. Your knee jerk reaction was to denigrate what I had brought up. I was posting it as I didn't see it posted anywhere else. You really make it difficult to post here sometimes. It is not always about baiting you into making some nonsensical political statement. Sheesh.

Last edited:
Two things make it very unfunny for me.

1) They play dems vs. repubs as a charity event. It raised $650,000 dollars for under-privileged kids in the DC area.
2) At least one Congressman had their son there shagging fly balls, and even though everyone dove for cover in one of the dugouts, the guy was moving around and at one point had a clear view into the dugout.

So when I say it could have been a massacre, I wasn't making a political statement about gun control, just that the men and women on the security detail were heroes.

The game is still and tragedy was avoided. Probably a lot more money will be raised because of the publicity.

This will be the 79th meeting of the Democrats vs. the Republicans in the Congressional baseball game, and ironically (or not so) the series is tied at 39 each.

Me, I'm more glad that a tragedy was avoided than I am anything else.

The game is still and tragedy was avoided. Probably a lot more money will be raised because of the publicity.

This will be the 79th meeting of the Democrats vs. the Republicans in the Congressional baseball game, and ironically (or not so) the series is tied at 39 each.

Me, I'm more glad that a tragedy was avoided than I am anything else.

While it is a good thing that no one was killed, I'm not sure that anyone involved in the incident would consider it a "win all around".

Back