Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Shooting at Congressional Ball Field

Right. I recall your sardonic wit was a real salve for all posting about Sandy Hook. You were a real laugh riot and we were all so appreciative. Keep it up; we need you.

there was nothing funny about that one... like I said, I try to keep my sense of humor about shootings. try is the operative word

In the respect that lick lick lick my balls

So you mean these definitions?

1. total rejection of established laws and institutions.

2. anarchy, terrorism, or other revolutionary activity.

3. total and absolute destructiveness, especially toward the world at large and including oneself: the power-mad nihilism that marked Hitler's last years.

4. Philosophy. a.an extreme form of skepticism: the denial of all real existence or the possibility of an objective basis for truth.
nothingness or nonexistence.

5. (sometimes initial capital letter) the principles of a Russian revolutionary group, active in the latter half of the 19th century, holding that existing social and political institutions must be destroyed in order to clear the way for a new state of society and employing extreme measures, including terrorism and assassination.

6. annihilation of the self, or the individual consciousness, especially as an aspect of mystical experience.

7. a complete denial of all established authority and institutions

8. (philosophy) an extreme form of skepticism that systematically rejects all values, belief in existence, the possibility of communication, etc.

9. a revolutionary doctrine of destruction for its own sake

10. the practice or promulgation of terrorism

11. (in tsarist Russia) any of several revolutionary doctrines that upheld terrorism

12. The belief that destruction of existing political or social institutions is necessary for future improvement.

13. A delusion, experienced in some mental disorders, that the world or one's mind, body, or self does not exist.

14. An approach to philosophy that holds that human life is meaningless and that all religions, laws, moral codes, and political systems are thoroughly empty and false.

Look how many include the word terrorism as part of the definition. So then are you are totally in favor of that shooter killing them all including the children?

Hard to believe you would even joke about it, but I'm sure we can find someone to do the same when someone close to you is involved in this kind of crap.

So are you really nihilist, or just being stupid?

there was nothing funny about that one... like I said, I try to keep my sense of humor about shootings. try is the operative word

There's nothing funny about people being bullet sponges. You are in the weeds here. Just own it and move on.

There's nothing funny about people being bullet sponges. You are in the weeds here. Just own it and move on.

I wasn't really JOKING about it, as much as I was being less-than-sympathetic.

and you have to admit a certain irony to a politician with a lifetime "A+" rating from the NRA getting shot in a mass shooting.

Last edited by a moderator:
So you mean these definitions?

1. total rejection of established laws and institutions.

2. anarchy, terrorism, or other revolutionary activity.

3. total and absolute destructiveness, especially toward the world at large and including oneself: the power-mad nihilism that marked Hitler's last years.

4. Philosophy. a.an extreme form of skepticism: the denial of all real existence or the possibility of an objective basis for truth.
nothingness or nonexistence.

5. (sometimes initial capital letter) the principles of a Russian revolutionary group, active in the latter half of the 19th century, holding that existing social and political institutions must be destroyed in order to clear the way for a new state of society and employing extreme measures, including terrorism and assassination.

6. annihilation of the self, or the individual consciousness, especially as an aspect of mystical experience.

7. a complete denial of all established authority and institutions

8. (philosophy) an extreme form of skepticism that systematically rejects all values, belief in existence, the possibility of communication, etc.

9. a revolutionary doctrine of destruction for its own sake

10. the practice or promulgation of terrorism

11. (in tsarist Russia) any of several revolutionary doctrines that upheld terrorism

12. The belief that destruction of existing political or social institutions is necessary for future improvement.

13. A delusion, experienced in some mental disorders, that the world or one's mind, body, or self does not exist.

14. An approach to philosophy that holds that human life is meaningless and that all religions, laws, moral codes, and political systems are thoroughly empty and false.

Look how many include the word terrorism as part of the definition. So then are you are totally in favor of that shooter killing them all including the children?

Hard to believe you would even joke about it, but I'm sure we can find someone to do the same when someone close to you is involved in this kind of crap.

So are you really nihilist, or just being stupid?
Once again...

https://youtu.be/-omR1rXcPrE

I am not familiar with that cartoon though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Meanwhile, the blood suckers on both sides waste no time trying to make political hay against the other side as a result of this...

I thought this event was supposed to make one day when all that crap would be put aside...

New Rule: If you're a Congress person and you're not on either roster, you don't get to talk shit about this...

you edited that? what did it say before? it should've said, "funny video, thanks for taking the time to post it."

Do you care, or are you just going for that master baiter trophy?

Last edited:
Once again...

Once again - are you a nihilist?

Give you a chance to post it again. Can't get enough of your prattle on the subject.

Providing the definition so you don't have to look it up.

verb (used without object), prattled, prattling.
1. to talk in a foolish or simple-minded way; chatter; babble.

verb (used with object), prattled, prattling.
2. to utter by chattering or babbling.

Fits pretty good.

Do you care, or are you just going for that master baiter trophy?

No, I don't actually care.

Also, they annouced the charity baseball game will still be held, so you can chill out about how tragic this is going to be.

as tinsel noted, this will probably be a boon to their fundraising. Also, assuming Scalise comes out of this with his pro-gun, anti-background checks & waiting periods political views intact, the NRA will probably consider him their all-time greatest politician in the entire universe, and shower him with so much campaign cash that he'll easily keep his seat for life.

No, I don't actually care.

Also, they annouced the charity baseball game will still be held, so you can chill out about how tragic this is going to be.

as tinsel noted, this will probably be a boon to their fundraising. Also, assuming Scalise comes out of this with his pro-gun, anti-background checks & waiting periods political views intact, the NRA will probably consider him their all-time greatest politician in the entire universe, and shower him with so much campaign cash that he'll easily keep his seat for life.

Then why did you ask about it fool?

. . . and if Scalise happens to not make it - I'll be back to dump all over your stupidity again.

I'm reserving judgement on this topic until I hear what Alex Jones has to say about it.

Can't trust the MSM!!!

Nothing will be done. Both sides will blame each other. Just another day in America where a mass shooting happens all to frequently. Rip to the victims, and I hope the injured recover.

http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting

I don't think anyone died did they? Couple in critical last I heard? I don't think anyone is blaming anyone but the shooter at this point.. I think Ryan said it best "an attack on one of us is an attack on all of us.." Because whether you are a republican senator or democratic senator, and aides etc they all could have been out there... Crazy hits all party affiliations.

I don't think anyone died did they? Couple in critical last I heard? I don't think anyone is blaming anyone but the shooter at this point.. I think Ryan said it best "an attack on one of us is an attack on all of us.." Because whether you are a republican senator or democratic senator, and aides etc they all could have been out there... Crazy hits all party affiliations.

Sorry, Donald Trump Junior and Newt Gingrich are blaming the left and Democrats and, Kamala Harris is blaming the right and Republicans.

I'm sure there's more but that is specifically what I heard.

Sorry, Donald Trump Junior and Newt Gingrich are blaming the left and Democrats and, Kamala Harris is blaming the right and Republicans.

I'm sure there's more but that is specifically what I heard.

well, reports are he used an assault rifle. only one of the two parties made sure those were available to the general public.

it would've been a lot more difficult for him to carry this out with a pistol or hunting rifle.

Meanwhile, the blood suckers on both sides waste no time trying to make political hay against the other side as a result of this...

I thought this event was supposed to make one day when all that crap would be put aside...

New Rule: If you're a Congress person and you're not on either roster, you don't get to talk shit about this...

Well at least they're simply trying to profit off of a shooting that involved their peers, rather than making jokes on a message board. That shit is just pure evil.

Back