Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lion Acquire 2 Tackles

I don't want to discredit Quinn but Mayhew brought guys in as well.. All GM's do. It depends on if it works out or not.. It probably is no big deal if he fails but if he's a guard here then I don't understand it even more.

Mayhew didn't really bring in guys at tackle that high of picks at RT. Undrafted (Waddle and Lucas) and cheap free agents. (Hilliard and Ola) Took Reiff and Jason Fox though in drafts. Inherited Backus and Gosder in Round 1. Backus had just signed a long term deal in 2007 to big money with Millen and played through 2011 season on that. Signed Backus to a new deal before 2012 season too. Reiff panned out but the Vikings over paid him.

resigned Raiola and Peterman long term in 2009. Brought in Sims for 5th round pick. Drafted Laken in 2015. Drafted Warford in 2013.

Mayhew did a lot on the line too except RT.

They just lost their starting LT for half the yr lol. They didn't really have a choice. Dahl obviously isn't ready to jump in the mix to be the starter at LT. At least Robinson has the experience over Dahl. It's a move that had to be made....

Nothing had to be made.. And we don't know he's playing LT. You don't get adequate for a 6th round pick.. Especially a formal #2 pick..

Ya mayhew was awesome. Remember when delmas got hurt in pre season and we rolled with Don Carey like all year. Fucking amazing idea.

Last edited:
Robinson could benefit from being in a pass first system. He also never really was on a team with a QB of Staffords quality and yes I know he played with Bradford. I like the move. He has to be better than what we have now and when Decker got hurt we had to make a move. I think this was the best available right now. Another good player may be available close to the start of the season but you just never know. We have so much tied up in Stafford we have to do everything we can to protect him

Robinson could benefit from being in a pass first system. He also never really was on a team with a QB of Staffords quality and yes I know he played with Bradford. I like the move. He has to be better than what we have now and when Decker got hurt we had to make a move. I think this was the best available right now. Another good player may be available close to the start of the season but you just never know. We have so much tied up in Stafford we have to do everything we can to protect him

I'm not sure a QB makes a LT better, maybe helps him to not look so bad - quick passes and stuff but that's about it.

Nothing had to be made.. And we don't know he's playing LT. You don't get adequate for a 6th round pick.. Especially a formal #2 pick..

They just picked up TWO LTS, genius!!! Lol. OTA's just passed. Remember...those meaningless practices that go on between professional football players? Yeah...those! They obviously saw enough in Dahl in that short period of time that concerns them. They're in desperation mode right now. We just traded for a bust and brought in a lunatic to maybe play LT lol. Can't be mad though....shit happens.
Read between the fkn lines..

Had to bring in both because both have huge question marks coming with them. Like Tony said one's a high round bust who hasn't developed like thought and the other is a nut. I like the analogy of the throw of shit at the wall until one sticks.... That's exactly what we are doing and we didn't have to pay that much to do it. Love the moves.

So you all basically agree with me, we brought in shit. Shit rarely sticks.. That's all I'm saying.. I'll wait until some moves pan out before I praise our GM.

So you all basically agree with me, we brought in shit. Shit rarely sticks.. That's all I'm saying.. I'll wait until some moves pan out before I praise our GM.

But i feel like he picked the best of the turds if that's worth anything LOL Cyrus is actually pretty good the kid just needs to keep his head on straight and we might just have a nice pick up.

Last edited:

What do you suggest they do then? Nobody is praising anyone. Quinn is doing his job. I wouldn't expect you to get that though...

Ya mayhew was awesome. Remember when delmas got hurt in pre season and we rolled with Don Carey like all year. Fucking amazing idea.

Carey actually did a solid job at safety in 2012 (he sucks at nickelback) and Carey played most of him time when Delmas came back in the second half of the year. 77.5 grade for Carey in 2012. That matches TJ Ward 2016 and beats Tyrann Mathieu 2016,

They had other safeties. Spievey was the starter and got hurt too and only played 18% of the snaps. So both starters were hurt in 2012 (Delmas hurt over 50%, Spievey hurt over 80% of the snaps). Erik Coleman was the primary backup but didn't do well playing 40% of the snaps. John Wendling failed too.

Carey was the only solid safety in terms of production in 2012. Plus a good ST player. Carey is our 4th safety right now too. If two starters get hurt again, like 2012, then you will see Carey at safety.

Last edited:
But i feel like he picked the best of the turds if that's worth anything LOL Cyrus is actually pretty good the kid just needs to keep his head on straight and we might just have a nice pick up.

Clady was the best of the shit.

Clady was the best of the shit.

Cyrus graded out way better than Clady did in 2016.

76.7 Cyrus in 406 snaps. Clady 47.2 in 537 snaps. Both at LT

Kouandijo was 34th out of 78 qualifying tackles
Clady was 62nd

Kouandijo is also only 23. He was the best option in free agency

Kouandijo had a hip problem but should be ready by camp. Clady had a torn rotator cuff last year.

Last edited:
Cyrus graded out way better than Clady did in 2016.

76.7 Cyrus in 406 snaps. Clady 47.2 in 537 snaps. Both at LT

Kouandijo was 34th out of 78 qualifying tackles
Clady was 62nd

Kouandijo is also only 23. He was the best option in free agency

Kouandijo had a hip problem but should be ready by camp. Clady had a torn rotator cuff last year.

LKP with the dagger!

LKP with the dagger!

Clay had had multiple SEASONS without giving up a single sack. Clady is way better than the 34th ranked tackle when he's healthy. Not sure if he will ever regain his form... but if you're starter goes down for most the year i would think he's the best option to keep your qb healthy.

Clay had had multiple SEASONS without giving up a single sack. Clady is way better than the 34th ranked tackle when he's healthy. Not sure if he will ever regain his form... but if you're starter goes down for most the year i would think he's the best option to keep your qb healthy.

Garbage since 2013

You're living in the past, bro. If healthy, ok but he's not healthy....

Back