Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Stafford's next!!!

This is my point.. How can anyone know those plays were affected by the finger? There's just no way. You want to say he was bad because of the finger, fine - I might disagree but saying a particular 3 plays were because of finger.. and no other reason I find hard to believe.

It was more the defense too which had injury issues of its own. Slay injury was huge. 42, 31, 26 given up in the last 3. Slay, levy hurt or playing hurt. Ansah finally getting healthier. Then Swanson and Reiff hurt to kill protection. Abdullah and Riddick out. Too many injuries

How can you say it wasn't the finger. You can't

Last edited:
It was more the defense too which had injury issues of its own. Slay injury was huge. 42, 31, 26 given up in the last 3. Slay, levy hurt or playing hurt. Ansah finally getting healthier. Then Swanson and Reiff hurt to kill protection. Abdullah and Riddick out. Too many injuries

How can you say it wasn't the finger. You can't

Every team has injuries. In your mind the top 5 injuries of 2016 were Matt (4 games), our DE, RB, and CB etc. Guys on other teams missed whole seasons. And you really didn't bring up Levy did you?

As far as how would I know it wasn't his finger, I don't. But I don't use it as an escape goat. Teams get banged up in the NFL.

Every team has injuries. In your mind the top 5 injuries of 2016 were Matt (4 games), our DE, RB, and CB etc. Guys on other teams missed whole seasons. And you really didn't bring up Levy did you?

As far as how would I know it wasn't his finger, I don't. But I don't use it as an escape goat. Teams get banged up in the NFL.

It's a huge reason his play can decrease. Don't care about any other team. If we get injuries to the most important players, it explains why the lions play worse. It's pretty simple.

And again, it's on a game by game basis, team versus team. One team can have less people or have less important people hurt for a given game. Dallas, Green Bay, Seattle had less injuries and less important people hurt. Again quite a simple concept to grasp

It's a huge reason his play can decrease. Don't care about any other team. If we get injuries to the most important players, it explains why the lions play worse. It's pretty simple.

And again, it's on a game by game basis, team versus team. One team can have less people or have less important people hurt for a given game. Dallas, Green Bay, Seattle had less injuries and less important people hurt. Again quite a simple concept to grasp

It never occurs to you though that the teams who beat us had injuries as well? You mention Dallas but they lost their QB.. They were fortunately that Prescott was very good but at the time, losing Romo was huge.

You remember when we had a chance a couple years ago to win the division, Rodgers was out several games and yet we shit the bed. And you even mentioned we had more serious injuries. That's what you do.. No one ever has more injuries than Detroit. Ever.

And Matt still played. It's not like he missed 4 games.

He instantly started playing like every other year of his career.... how am i supposed to know what's from injury and what's from just pulling a Stafford for part of the year.

Jesus Christ, man. Smarten up. Put 2 and 2 together. The guy was playing good football up until he hurt his hand. It doesn't take a fkn genius to figure that out lol..cmon. I'm not using it as an excuse either. It's a fact...

This is my point.. How can anyone know those plays were affected by the finger? There's just no way. You want to say he was bad because of the finger, fine - I might disagree but saying a particular 3 plays were because of finger.. and no other reason I find hard to believe.

The word was out that he could barely grip the fkn football. He had some horrific throws the last month of football. It was night and day compared to the first 12 games. Get real

It was night and day in 2015 as well.. Look at those games, he had great games, good games, average games and bad games. Was his hand feeling great then good and then average and then bad? He played well vs GB last game last season, was his hand better? Or does it only effect him when he misses passes?

It was night and day in 2015 as well.. Look at those games, he had great games, good games, average games and bad games. Was his hand feeling great then good and then average and then bad? He played well vs GB last game last season, was his hand better? Or does it only effect him when he misses passes?

2015??? Who gives a shit about 2015?! And he's not going to play great every single game, but to say that the hand was just an excuse is retarded. You can see with your own wyes that his play was erratic. You could tell by just his demeanor on the field that his hand was bad. His last 4-5 games were not good. They were bad actually and when Cooter took over in the 2nd half of 2015 (since you brought up 2015) he turned into a very very good QB. It's not a coincidence. Then he gets hurt. Not only hurt but his fkn throwing hand!!! Lol. The man couldn't even grip the football properly. It's not an excuse. It's 100% fact. Now he's healthy.....no excuses and pray that he doesn't get hurt again.

Last edited:
2015??? Who gives a shit about 2015?! And he's not going to play great every single game, but to say that the hand was just an excuse is retarded. You can see with your own wyes that his play was erratic. You could tell by just his demeanor on the field that his hand was bad. His last 4-5 games were not good. They were bad actually and when Cooter took over in the 2nd half of 2015 he turned into a very very good QB. It's not a coincidence. Then he gets hurt. Not only hurt but his fkn throwing hand!!! Lol. The man couldn't even grip the football properly. It's not an excuse. It's 100% fact. Now he's healthy.....no excuses and pray that he doesn't get hurt again.

Cooter? You mean the guy we all wanted gone early in the season? Barely a top 20 offense. That Cooter? How'd he overcome his injury in the GB game? He was sore. But at least he played. He's a safe passer, quick and easy. It works for him but very very good? That's a stretch don't you think..

Lombardi first half 2015, cooter 2nd half. All about the support

Great qbs get very good support. See my post on short fields.

154 Brady, 95 Stafford. That should make you want to puke

Cooter? You mean the guy we all wanted gone early in the season? Barely a top 20 offense. That Cooter? How'd he overcome his injury in the GB game? He was sore. But at least he played. He's a safe passer, quick and easy. It works for him but very very good? That's a stretch don't you think..

It's a throw by throw injury. One throw can be fine but the next throw the grip could be messed up. It clearly affected his play. The injuries to slay, levy and ansah were biggest defensive injuries in league

D cost lions more in final 3 games

Romo came back and was healthy. Dak was the qb

Cowboys had 1,100 more rushing yards than Detroit. Yes a whole years worth of rushing more than them. Cowboys qb had to do very little and Was better protected, had least drops in league and had more short fields

Dak has a horseshoe up his ass with how lucky he was

Lions had 10x worse injuries than cowboys

Abdullah got hurt. Come talk to me when Elliot goes down

Last edited:
I do not care how many weapons or how great the offense is. Throwing 23 TDs and 4 INTs is not lucky, sorry.

It is OKAY to give credit to other players ONCE IN A WHILE. No one will think less of you. The league is not Stafford and 30 other QBs. There are other talented players.

Last edited:

Yep! That Cooter! Doesn't matter what the fans wanted. He's been a better QB under JBC.
And no, it's not a stretch. He's a very good QB. Good enough to where his peers think he's a top 10 QB in the league. We should be lucky to have him. Imagine being a Bears fan or a Browns fan, a 49ers fan? Their QB situation is a fkn joke. This fanbase shits on the one guy that shows the most heart on the team lol. It's comical...

I do not care how many weapons or how great the offense is. Throwing 23 TDs and 4 INTs is not lucky, sorry.

It is OKAY to give credit to other players ONCE IN A WHILE. No one will think less of you. The league is not Stafford and 30 other QBs. There are other talented players.

Give Stafford that OLine and RB situation and he throws for 40+ TDs with ease...

Staffords best run support was 4.3 ypc. 2011. 41 tds

41>>>23

Dak had to do nothing. Cowboys almsot doubled us in rushing yards. Teams sell out to play run against them. Least drops in league. Way less attempts for dak than stafford

Stafford only had 5 ints in 12 games. Then he hurt his finger and had 5 ints in 4 games

Staffords best run support was 4.3 ypc. 2011. 41 tds

41>>>23

Dak had to do nothing. Cowboys almsot doubled us in rushing yards. Teams sell out to play run against them. Least drops in league. Way less attempts for dak than stafford

Stafford only had 5 ints in 12 games. Then he hurt his finger and had 5 ints in 4 games

I agree. Dak has everything going for him from the get go. Not sure who he'll be if he ever has scrubs blocking for him, and no run game

So now it's the OL? A. Rodgers had shit OL for years.. Running game was better, how could they be worse. But for the most part they're middle of the packish..

So now it's the OL? A. Rodgers had shit OL for years.. Running game was better, how could they be worse. But for the most part they're middle of the packish..

Rodgers is one of the best qbs I've ever seen play the game. He's successful no matter what

Back