Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 81 Tigers vs. indians July 2, 2017

Honestly, I would love to get this team back down to about 100m payroll.. Never going to happen, maybe never but I think it'd be awesome. I'd probably enjoy a low payroll team winning 60 games than a high payroll team like the Tigers now.

And signing free agents? That's why we're in this mess. It's not your JV or Miggy, teams can handle two. It's Sanchez, Zimmerman, Upton. We didn't need any of those guys.

Sanchez was not a Free agent signing, to start with we resigned him. For that matter-Mart was a free agent.

Sanchez was not a Free agent signing, to start with we resigned him. For that matter-Mart was a free agent.

No but we didn't need to sign that contract. Mr. I. wanted to win but he might have went too far..

You're not going to blame this only on the pitching now? 5 runs in mop up time means nothing. The offense sucked today..

I'll blame whoever the fuck I want Mitch! Stop being some know it all douche.

The pitching never gave us a chance today. There's no disputing that.

Last edited:
I'll blame whoever the fuck I want Mitch! Stop being some no it all douche.

Some know it all? I bet you were waiting all today until they got to 5. I was just making a point, offense blew. But you just blame the pitching.. Per usual.

Some know it all? I bet you were waiting all today until they got to 5. I was just making a point, offense blew. But you just blame the pitching.. Per usual.

I just walked in the house. Didn't see any of the game. But was my fucking comment wrong? Pretty sure we in fact scored 5+ runs and indeed lost.

I just walked in the house. Didn't see any of the game. But was my fucking comment wrong? Pretty sure we in fact scored 5+ runs and indeed lost.

This was a total stink effort. SP, BP, Hitting. The trifecta of crap. They made a mopup run, like when an NFL team scores 3 4th quarter TD down 51-0. It's sorta nice but most of the game they shit the bed.

This was a total stink effort. SP, BP, Hitting. The trifecta of crap. They made a mopup run, like when an NFL team scores 3 4th quarter TD down 51-0. It's sorta nice but most of the game they shit the bed.

Yawn

Move along. I've got nothing else to say.

If the Tigers are sellers, even in a small effort - I'd like them to rest Miggy for a while until he's healthy. Really healthy. Rest Victor too. Get them, mostly Miggy, rested for next season. He's obviously hurting. Or at least full time DH. Not sure why Victor is even playing anymore..

I'd like to know. Upton can not start then why is he not on the 10 Day DL! And why is Cabrera playing with injuries. He is striking out to much, on pace for one of his worst seasons. V-Mat got to sit down.

Ten days ago, Justin Verlander took a perfect game into the sixth inning and seemed to be turning a corner after a disappointing start to the 2017 season.
Verlander allowed seven runs and failed to record a strikeout in the Detroit Tigers' 11-8 loss to the Cleveland Indians Sunday at Comerica Park.
In 14 1/3 innings against the Indians this season, he has allowed 18 runs.
Going back to 2014, he is 3-9 with an ERA north of 6.00 against them.

Before Sunday, Verlander had recorded a strikeout in 331 consecutive games, the longest active streak in baseball.
It marked the first time since May 4, 2007 in which Verlander did not record a strikeout.
Verlander had posted at least one strikeout in 331 straight starts, the longest active streak in the big leagues and tied with Curt Schilling for the sixth longest all-time.

At the halfway point of the season, the Tigers are nine games under. 500 and eight games behind the first-place Indians in the Central.
The Tigers (36-45) have their worst record at the 81-game mark since 2003, when they were 20-61.

Clevinger (4-3) was also wobbly early, walked the bases loaded in the first inning, but Victor Martinez lines out to left field to end the field with three runners stranded. He walked five of Detroit's first 13 batters, before settling down to retire 11 of the final 12 Tigers he faced, allowing just one run over six innings.

Indians designated hitter Roider Edwin Encarnacion stole third base on a bizarre play in the fourth inning and then tripled in the sixth.
It was his first triple since 2014, the ninth of his career and, quite unsurprisingly, the first time he tripled and stole a base in the same game.

Indians third baseman huge asshole Jose Ramirez homered from both sides of the plate, becoming the first player in club history to do that twice in one season.

James McCann singled in a run in the seventh before his three-run homer in the ninth, plus a Nicholas Castellanos two-run shot, closed the gap before Cody Allen retired Andrew Romine

It has become crystal clear the Tigers don?t have what it takes to even tease the possibility of a mid-summer run and so Verlander?s second-worst performance of the season carried double-barreled dejection:
With only a handful of starts left before the July 31 trade deadline, certainly pitching in front of interested scouts, he looked the part of a pitcher that might not be worth the kind of haul the Tigers will be looking for in potentially trading the franchise player.
Harder still, is knowing that if Verlander was open to a trade in the hopes of joining a playoff contender, and outing like this didn?t do his trade value any favors.
For those hoping to hang onto him until the end of his career, they?ll be thrilled by that news, but for anyone hoping to see a little sell-sell-sell action before the deadline, this fish might be dead in the water.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/indians...nal,lock_state=final,game_tab=box,game=491326
Boxscore.

http://m.mlb.com/det/video/search?team_id=116&tagName=Detroit Tigers
Webvideo Highlights and lowlights of the Tigers loss to the indians.

Back