Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

hoke fired

mhughes0021

Alot of espn radio shows have had discussion around hinting hoke shoukd be in danger of losing his job if he doesn't win this year. Example being svp talked about how Michigan should feel more pressure than Michigan state. What w/l record gets hoke canned in your opinion? Who would you want to see as coach?

I think michigan will be more well rounded next year. But if this team fails it will be because the defense didn't live up to the talent. We should win 10 games for him to be safe. This is a big program with top recruits. We should expect to win our conference and that's that.

I think some people are confusing "what would fans be happy with?" with "what does Hoke need to keep his job?". His job looks pretty safe to me with a new OC and everything. I think even if it were as bad as last year, he'd still get 1 more year to turn things around.

It's put up or shut up time for Hoke. I'm not so sure that he will still have his job if Michigan falls on their face. A 6-6 type season may see him out the door. He needs to get a big win or two.

I do not think he is a good head coach and is an overrated recruiter. His team never looks prepared and they play soft. That is not Michigan football. His coaching staff leaves a lot to be desired.

I would love to see Bob Diaco or James Coley guide this football program.

Maybe someone should slap me, but if Hoke is fired, I think we need to look in state. Give Mr. Narduzzi some serious cash. I'm shocked he's not already a head coach somewhere, but his defense would look nice in Ann Arbor.

Truthfully, though, I really, really like Roy Manning. He's young, but the guys on the team seem to love him and I think he has a bright future. Also, he's been talked about lately as one of Hoke's bigger recruiting weapons.

Can't we at least wait to get shocked by Appy State again before moving on into this shit?

Narduzzi was being courted thus year and was content yo stay

I think most think joke is in hot seat.

But new OC sets some tone.

I like the guy and I want him to do good but if Michigan isn't in the big ten title game he needs to go.

Les miles or the harbaughs.

I do not think he is a good head coach and is an overrated recruiter. His team never looks prepared and they play soft. That is not Michigan football. His coaching staff leaves a lot to be desired.

I would love to see Bob Diaco or James Coley guide this football program.

Just. Wow.

Bob Diaco at least has ties to the midwest and was a pretty hot name recently. I don't agree with you, but at least with this suggestion you can argue that you don't have your head firmly planted up your own ass.

But James Coley?! Damn dude.

Why do they have to be tied anywhere, including Michigan? I was just throwing some solid, potential coaching names out there. I could have said Saban or Miles.

It doesn't matter, Hoke is here to stay, like it or not.

This is one of the gayest threads in the history of this board.

yup...its my fault I heard it 4 times yesterday on 4 different espn radio shows. Stay in your little homer corner on your little homer couch in your little homer world. Everything is fine in ann arbor. Championship!

Last edited:
Why do they have to be tied anywhere, including Michigan? I was just throwing some solid, potential coaching names out there. I could have said Saban or Miles.

It doesn't matter, Hoke is here to stay, like it or not.

They don't have to have ties to UM or any other school, but typically coaches are more successful when they have ties to a region, relationships with high school coaches, etc.

In midwest states like Michigan, Ohio, PA, IL, where UM relies upon recruits to be the foundation of their talent base, high school coaches in stronger programs most likely have met Bob Diaco, but not Conley. That's the point I was trying to make.

Shit, Doug Nussmeier had no ties to UM, but if Brandon fired Hoke and replaced him with Nuss, at least Nuss has worked in the region in which he'd be recruiting most heavily.

Back