Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan Men's Basketball Recruiting

Class of 2014 prospects Donte Grantham and Kameron Chatman are expected to announce their college decisions before the end of this week.

Grantham and Chatman are two of the four class of 2014 prospects that currently hold Wolverine offers.

Grantham will decide between a top two of Clemson and Michigan. Grantham took official visits to Clemson, Michigan and Cincinnati this fall but took an additional unofficial visit Clemson last weekend. Additional unofficial visits are uncommon after taking an official and Grantham’s trip raised eyebrows after many considered Michigan the team to beat in Grantham’s recruitment. The Wolverines are still in a strong position but Grantham’s decision still seems up in the air.

Grantham posted on Twitter that he will announce his college decision this Friday afternoon on Twitter.

Chatman will decide between a final four of Arizona, Michigan, Oregon and USC. He visited all four schools officially over the last month with his most recent trip to Arizona. Arizona recruiting websites are buzzing over the possibility of a Chatman commitment, causing a run on his Crystal Ball with seven predictions for Arizona since the weekend.

First reported by Scout.com, Chatman is expected to announce Wednesday or Thursday after he hosts John Beilein for a final in-home visit on Tuesday evening.

550x336px-LL-93d4d87c_South-Park-nice.jpeg

Last edited:
Pretty surprised by this, all signs pointed towards Arizona, I guess that last home visit swayed him to go blue.

I saw where Blueitt reopened his recruiting after decommitting from UCLA. Not sure if we have a chance with him or not

No mention of our newest committ?

thank you. i was just surprised it wasn't even mentioned on this board. seems like a potential gem, but i'm sure he'll get the RS next year. He seems like he still has some growth before he's ready.

thank you. i was just surprised it wasn't even mentioned on this board. seems like a potential gem, but i'm sure he'll get the RS next year. He seems like he still has some growth before he's ready.

He definitely needs to put on weight. I'm hoping he'll get a jump on that and add some much needed strength before he arrives at UM.

I don't know about the RS. I read an article ( I think on UMHOOPS) where he said that one of the factors for committing to UM was that the minutes were gonna be there with the expected departure of G-Rob.

Damn our ranking is 31 for next year.. I would have thought our run to the title game and they guys we were getting JB would be in line for some top guys again...

Damn our ranking is 31 for next year.. I would have thought our run to the title game and they guys we were getting JB would be in line for some top guys again...

JB continues to get his unheralded 3 star guys and turn them into winners. I wouldn't be as worried about rankings with him vs other coaches

Back