Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OT: MSU/Nassar

this was part of his statement

"For all those involved, I'm so horribly sorry that this was like a match that turned into a forest fire out of control," Nassar said in a Michigan courtroom while entering his plea. "I have no animosity toward anyone. I just want healing ... We need to move forward in a sense of growth and healing and I pray (for) that."

He should have been taken out back and shot right after the gavel dropped. He doesn't deserve the opportunity to have one more moment of happiness on this earth.

This ain?t Dodge City, KS. Unless you want to be the one wielding the LeMat. Be sure to discharge the bonus smoothbore-center-barrel shotgun round.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This ain?t Dodge City, KS. Unless you want to be the one wielding the LeMat. Be sure to discharge the bonus smoothbore-center-barrel shotgun round.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm aware this will never happen. It's just what he deserves.

People can find happiness even in jail. It can be something as simple as going outside and seeing the sun shine or reading a book.

He doesn't deserve a chance at the smallest amount of happiness.

Oh yeah. There are a lot of happy people in prison. I see them everyday, laughing, joking, having a great time. No responsibilities in the world. Lay around all day watching TV. Maybe go play some basketball or go for a walk. Don't have to pay any bills. Prison isn't like it used to be. It's just one long vacation.

Oh yeah. There are a lot of happy people in prison. I see them everyday, laughing, joking, having a great time. No responsibilities in the world. Lay around all day watching TV. Maybe go play some basketball or go for a walk. Don't have to pay any bills. Prison isn't like it used to be. It's just one long vacation.

first time I read this I thought you were being sarcastic, but now I'm not sure.

it's different from prison to prison, right?

some states are better than others, in terms of maintaining decent conditions in their prisons as well. unsurprisingly, northern/midwestern states seem to do a better job than the deep south.

my understanding is that going to federal prison is also better than state prison, in terms of getting medical care if needed, and less chance of getting shanked/beaten/murdered for no reason by other inmates.

though Bernie Madoff got the shit kicked out of him in federal prison.

first time I read this I thought you were being sarcastic, but now I'm not sure.

it's different from prison to prison, right?

some states are better than others, in terms of maintaining decent conditions in their prisons as well. unsurprisingly, northern/midwestern states seem to do a better job than the deep south.

my understanding is that going to federal prison is also better than state prison, in terms of getting medical care if needed, and less chance of getting shanked/beaten/murdered for no reason by other inmates.

though Bernie Madoff got the shit kicked out of him in federal prison.

I'm not joking at all.

Usually the only people who get the shit kicked out of them or shanked are people who owe others money or gang on gang violence. If you aren't gambling, trying to score illegal drugs, or any other dumb thing, most of the other cons will just leave you alone or be your buddy. The ol' days of the pedophile getting his ass kicked or bent over in prison are long gone. A lot of prisoners give it up voluntarily. Most felons learn how to jail very quickly and learn what to avoid and how to not get their asses kicked quickly.

Plus the days of staff serving up justice are long gone. Way too many cameras and stuff like that.

We're way too busy with the knuckleheads to worry about the other 85% who are just doing their time quietly.

here's a long article questioning why MSU refuses to release its report on the Nassar investigation. link.

in addition to Nasser, two other MSU employees - his physician supervisor, and their gymnastics coach - lost their jobs over this scandal. though his boss resigned before she could be fired. and the panel that exonerated him initially inthe 2014 Title IX investigation were all buddies of his.

the attorney for his boss sent a letter to the school threatening that she was far from the only person at MSU who knew about it.

this could get worse for MSU...

here's a long article questioning why MSU refuses to release its report on the Nassar investigation. link.

in addition to Nasser, two other MSU employees - his physician supervisor, and their gymnastics coach - lost their jobs over this scandal. though his boss resigned before she could be fired. and the panel that exonerated him initially inthe 2014 Title IX investigation were all buddies of his.

the attorney for his boss sent a letter to the school threatening that she was far from the only person at MSU who knew about it.

It should.

isn't this similar to the Jerry Sandusky case?

Yes, but the number of victims is larger. At least 140 girls and women have accused Nassar of sexual assault.

MSU is in protect the fort mode just the same way PSU handled Sandusky.

Last edited:

Big difference PR wise is that there is no Paterno-like figure for people to rally around and try to protect. No statues or records or scholarships or post season bans on the line. Anyone thought to have known will be kicked to the curb by the fans.

Big difference PR wise is that there is no Paterno-like figure for people to rally around and try to protect. No statues or records or scholarships or post season bans on the line. Anyone thought to have known will be kicked to the curb by the fans.

Well, they are trying to give a raise to their president. I'm SURE she had no clue about the complaints regarding Nassar. :no:

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2017/12/14/msu-simon-strampel-nassar/108618490/

at least Penn State released the Freeh report...

It doesn't appear MSU officials/coaches knew about it for decades, like in the PennSt case, and you're right, there's no one "lightning rod" for criticism here like in the PennSt case. at least not yet.

MSU's investigation was not independent. These people are fucking awful.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/op...state-sex-assault-fitzgerald-simon/108960446/

duh. that's why you hire a lawyer to do it. shield's much of the information through the attorney-client privilege. and even if something technically shouldn't be covered, they can also use the shield aggressively, include things that look bad, and force plaintiffs to challenge their privilege claim.

you can do it much differently if you're really interested in full disclosure and holding people accountable publicly.

It sounds odd, but MSU is actually making PennSt look good by comparison.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back