Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Bowl Games

All SEC championship game....fucking great

Michigan fucked this whole scenario. Beating SC would've been a real shot to the playoff structure, if Big10 had went 8-0. It still might at 7-1, but that game would've done it for sure. I would not have cared if there was an all SEC final had we won. Looking at the whole thing, Wisconsin and Ohio State both had a right to be there. Obviously Central Florida has a gripe, too. Their offense shit all over Auburn.

Michigan fucked this whole scenario. Beating SC would've been a real shot to the playoff structure, if Big10 had went 8-0. It still might at 7-1, but that game would've done it for sure. I would not have cared if there was an all SEC final had we won. Looking at the whole thing, Wisconsin and Ohio State both had a right to be there. Obviously Central Florida has a gripe, too. Their offense shit all over Auburn.

Not sure what you were looking at or whether you watched yesterday's CFP games but anyone that thinks the two best teams aren't playing in the final is flat wrong. Speed, strength, size, 'Bama and Georgia have it all. Neither OSU nor Wisconsin could hang with either one. Buckeyes D could keep it close for a half but with Barrett running the show, the O would do nothing and it would turn into a second half bloodbath. And Wisconsin? No chance.

We Buckeye fans know our limitations. Gotta give the SEC its due, I'm afraid.

I watched the two final games last night. The OU / UGA game was great. The night game was OK. I definitely agree that the best two teams are in the final. I will probably tune in for the first 1/2 of the final

Not sure what you were looking at or whether you watched yesterday's CFP games but anyone that thinks the two best teams aren't playing in the final is flat wrong. Speed, strength, size, 'Bama and Georgia have it all. Neither OSU nor Wisconsin could hang with either one. Buckeyes D could keep it close for a half but with Barrett running the show, the O would do nothing and it would turn into a second half bloodbath. And Wisconsin? No chance.

We Buckeye fans know our limitations. Gotta give the SEC its due, I'm afraid.

Sorry man but Auburn beat both teams and was lucky that the score with UCF was as close as it was. Auburn was pretty much dominated. A one dimensional Clemson wasnt going to beat Bama. Your perception is skewed because of the matchups. Ill tell right now, match up wise, Wisconsin beats UGA loses to Bama but hangs. Ohio St. could beat Bama(probably loses), but gets taken to the woodshed against UGA. You dont know until you play the games and the Big10 teams had much harder schedules to deal with. OU hurt themselves, Georgia had no business winning that game. Everytime OU was going to put them away, they called a dumb fucking play and then turtled in OT. The best teams are not in the final as Oklahoma should probably be in the final.

Sorry man but Auburn beat both teams and was lucky that the score with UCF was as close as it was. Auburn was pretty much dominated. A one dimensional Clemson wasnt going to beat Bama. Your perception is skewed because of the matchups. Ill tell right now, match up wise, Wisconsin beats UGA loses to Bama but hangs. Ohio St. could beat Bama(probably loses), but gets taken to the woodshed against UGA. You dont know until you play the games and the Big10 teams had much harder schedules to deal with. OU hurt themselves, Georgia had no business winning that game. Everytime OU was going to put them away, they called a dumb fucking play and then turtled in OT. The best teams are not in the final as Oklahoma should probably be in the final.

since coaching and play calling are part of it, I would say the best teams are in the final

Based on what I saw of UCF, I agree, you could make a case. But personally not buying the B1G squads.

I personally think that OU and UGA are the best 2 teams. Unfortunately, they met up in the semi-final instead of the final.

no chance wisconsin beats any playoff team this year. NO. CHANCE. and the "Big10 teams had much harder schedules to deal with" is nuts - Wisconsin's schedule was a joke. Nonconf games against Utah State, Fla Atlantic and BYU - all garbage, including FAU. They only beat 2 B1G teams w/ winning records in conference and those were Northwestern and Michigan - the west is a JOKE and their inter-division games were against michigan, maryland and indiana, a combined 9-18 in B1G play. The OSU score is deceiving - the 3 yard pick 6 made it look closer than it was. Wiscos longest drive in that game was the 52 yard TD drive, started by another bad INT. OSU is kinda offensively challenged this year but they dominated the badgers, regardless of what the score says. At best, they'd be the 3rd best team in the B1G East.

Last edited:

Part of the reason the Big Ten had more favorable matchups is that we weren't in the CFP, if OSU is in, then everyone moves up a slot and has a tougher opponent. Big Ten programs have played a lot of SEC schools traditionally, the best two SEC teams were in the CFP so that moves their weaker teams up a slot or two.

Part of the reason the Big Ten had more favorable matchups is that we weren't in the CFP, if OSU is in, then everyone moves up a slot and has a tougher opponent. Big Ten programs have played a lot of SEC schools traditionally, the best two SEC teams were in the CFP so that moves their weaker teams up a slot or two.

That argument doesnt fly, different Big10 bowl schedule doesnt change outcome. One game changes. Wisconsin plays USC and PSU still plays Washington. Nothing changes. USC still loses.

Back