Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan Men's Basketball Recruiting

Honestly, MSU is his better option from a playing time pov.

Monster, when LeVert leaves, it could possibly be his show at the 2.

If he picks us, I'm guessing it will be because MSU really didn't want him.

... Or so I would imagine sbee saying.

not at all, I'll go on record as saying for sure that Izzo really wants this kid, I do as well. if he chooses UM it will be because that's where he wants to play. I think maybe JB uses the WVA angle a little bit, but I wouldn't blame him for picking UM if he thought it was a better fit for his game. Also, playing time won't be a factor really, we are after some top guards for 2015 but those guys won't commit before Harris makes his decision so it's a moot point.

but carry on and make assumptions about what i'd think.

He did not sound too pumped up about Purdue. This would be such a huge get.

Purdue is a dumpster fire of a program, Painter lucked out with one great recruiting class with Hummell, Johnson, and Moore. he did have some bad luck with the Hummell injury, that may have propelled them upwards a little bit but as it stands, his seat should be pretty hot.

not at all, I'll go on record as saying for sure that Izzo really wants this kid, I do as well. if he chooses UM it will be because that's where he wants to play. I think maybe JB uses the WVA angle a little bit, but I wouldn't blame him for picking UM if he thought it was a better fit for his game. Also, playing time won't be a factor really, we are after some top guards for 2015 but those guys won't commit before Harris makes his decision so it's a moot point.

but carry on and make assumptions about what i'd think.

It was a pretty fair guess. Maybe you'd be joking, but that would be par for the course. ...check the Alex Malzone thread for a refresher.

It was a pretty fair guess. Maybe you'd be joking, but that would be par for the course. ...check the Alex Malzone thread for a refresher.

Apples and oranges Gulo. Different players, different sports, different circumstances.

Apples and oranges Gulo. Different players, different sports, different circumstances.

but you've been pretty consistent in your responses to each when it concerns Michigan.

apples and oranges, same bowl of fruit.

I got better analogies, you see that?

Monster, when LeVert leaves, it could possibly be his show at the 2.

IF Levert leaves. I don't know if Harris will make his decision based on what might happen a year from now. It's far from a sure thing that Levert will go pro early.

but you've been pretty consistent in your responses to each when it concerns Michigan.

apples and oranges, same bowl of fruit.

I got better analogies, you see that?

that's pretty well played, I must admit

IF Levert leaves. I don't know if Harris will make his decision based on what might happen a year from now. It's far from a sure thing that Levert will go pro early.

he's listed as #6 in the 2015 mock draft at nbadraft.net

lost of reasons to look at either school, UM is a very perimeter oriented team and he's a good 3pt shooter, he'd be a good fit. At MSU, he'd have some solid pieces around him with a potential starting lineup of Tum tum, Valentine, Kaminski, and Deyonta Davis. that could be a very strong lineup.

LeVert is gone man. We just have to accept the reality that these kids are going to leave after 2-3 years with this program. The ONLY way he doesn't leave is if he's an absolutely catastrophic disappointment in his junior year.

Last edited:
There isn't any breaking news with Derryck Thornton, but I think he deserves some mention on this board. He's a 2016 pg, top 20 recruit that visited UM for their camp the other weekend and received an offer on 6/15. His reaction is pasted below, he always has very positive things to say about Michigan. A visit to Kentucky looms, but with the NBA draft success that recent UM guards have had I'm cautiosly optomistic...

“It was great, I loved everything,” Thornton told UM Hoops after the visit last week. “The coaching staff was great and they took me around the campus which was very nice. They took me everywhere, I got to see everything and meet some really cool people there. I talked to the players and I played some pick up with the players and I loved it. It was great.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWP__RoYNkY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJUE6HgxHgY

Michigan is recruiting a Div-3 6'7" wing named Duncan Robinson. Yes, he is the love child of Tim Duncan and David Robinson. Article and link:

http://www.umhoops.com/2014/07/29/report-michigan-host-division-iii-transfer-duncan-robinson/

John Beilein might look to a transfer to help fill out his recruiting board. TheWolverine is reporting that Michigan will host 6-foot-7 wing Duncan Robinson for a visit this week.

Robinson averaged 17.1 points and 6.5 rebounds per game while shooting 45.3% from three-point range during his freshman year at Williams College in Williamstown, Mass. Robinson was named D3Hoops.com Rookie of the Year and was selected as a 4th team All-American. Williams lost in the Division III Naitonal Championship by 2 points. Duncan scored a combined 47 points in the D3 Final Four.

Robinson played for Mike Maker, who was hired by Marist this offseason, and who was a former assistant coach for John Beilein.

“We’re never done (recruiting), we’ll look at this last one that we might have and be very judicious with it,” Beilein said in May. “We’ll see where (recruiting) goes, because (the last scholarship) could be coming into ’15 right away, or ’16.”

The New England Recruiting Report raved about Robinson after his final year at Phillips Exeter Academy in New Hampshire.

“A year ago he was a relative unknown coming out of Governor’s Academy. One year, two inches, and 20 pounds of muscle later now he’s a NEPSAC finals MVP and a huge steal for Williams College,” NERR wrote. “While the masses are wondering how a sharp-shooting six-foot-seven forward could have slipped through the scholarship cracks, the reality is that he jumped through, spurning scholarship offers for the top ranked liberal arts school and one of the most storied Division III basketball programs in the country.”

Michigan also has offers outstanding to Jalen Coleman, Eric Davis and Jalen Brunson in the class of 2015. The Wolverines’ projected scholarship breakdown for future classes can be found here.

Last edited:
Duncan Robinson ‏@D_Bo20 8m
I am proud to announce that I'll be transferring to the University of Michigan. Proud to be a Wolverine! #GoBlue

I really don't understand this unless coach doesn't like the 2014 targets or he knows something we don't. He just doesn't seem like someone who will ever get off the bench.

I am not sure on this either but in JB we trust. he has found us player after player who no one wanted and made it work.

Back