Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan Men's Basketball Recruiting

7 footer Jon Teske commits to Wolverines for 2016.

The kid needs to put on weight but has the potential to be what we need.

To be fair, he was a hs soph last year. He seems to be a nice shot blocker with a decent J, so he looks to be perfect if he does gain some weight.

Yeah he is real thin, but he has plenty of time to fill out between now and when he will be in school. It will be kind of strange to see an actual big man on the court for UM.

PJ Dozier visiting this weekend. #25 overall recruit. From UMHoops:

Michigan will host class of 2015 five-star guard PJ Dozier for an official visit this weekend in Ann Arbor. Dozier is ranked 25th nationally by 247Sports Composite and is Michigan’s top target in the class of 2015.

Michigan has had two in-home visits with Dozier, a first visit by Michigan point guard coach LaVall Jordan and a second visit with John Beilein and his assistants. Dozier will also visit North Carolina on October 3rd, Georgetown on October 17th and South Carolina on October 24th.

Dozier appeared to have just four official visits scheduled (Michigan, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgetown) after Louisville accepted a commitment from Antonio Blakeney. However, Blakeney announced his decommitment from Louisville which caused the Cardinals to jump back into Dozier’s recruitment. Louisville had in-home visit with Dozier on Wednesday evening and is battling against Maryland to earn Dozier’s fifth official visit.

Dozier’s father made it clear that his wants to take all of his visits before making a decision.

“He said, ‘Dad, until I go on my visits, that’s the only way I’ll know if it’s a fit for me,'” Dozier Sr. told the Courier Journal. “… People can predict all day, but there would be a lot of people winning the lottery if they knew what they were talking about, right?

Michigan has the first visit this weekend and will hope to make a lasting impression on the 6-foot-5 guard. Dozier Sr. reiterated that he wouldn’t be opposed to Dozier going further from home for the right fit despite some of his natural ties to South Carolina (where he went to school), North Carolina (the presumed leader according to 247 Sports Crystal Ball) and Georgetown (which is close to Dozier Sr.’s hometown of Baltimore).

“Man, let me tell you something; I don’t care if he goes all the way to the West Coast, it doesn’t make a difference,” he told the Courier Journal. ” I just want him to go for the best place for him that’s going to allow him to do what he wants to do and help him get where he wants to get to. … If he chooses to go to the West Coast or the Midwest or the South or wherever he decides, we can always get in an airplane or a car and go there.”

Do we have room for him? I think there's one scholarship open, right?

Michigan is looking like the favorite to get the final official visit from the #2 recruit in the nation, Jaylen Brown. Most everyone assumed his last official was coming down to GT or UNC. Michigan did not really start showing interest and recruiting him until October 22nd. This would be one hell of a get for Michigan.

Michigan is looking like the favorite to get the final official visit from the #2 recruit in the nation, Jaylen Brown. Most everyone assumed his last official was coming down to GT or UNC. Michigan did not really start showing interest and recruiting him until October 22nd. This would be one hell of a get for Michigan.

I would think our chances would be close to zero, but if by some miracle we did get him, that'd say a lot about how far our program has come.

I would think our chances would be close to zero, but if by some miracle we did get him, that'd say a lot about how far our program has come.

I do believe that Jaylen Brown does have some ties to the state of Michigan, may have some family that lives up there still.

I do believe that Jaylen Brown does have some ties to the state of Michigan, may have some family that lives up there still.

Yep. He had a quote where he mentioned about half his family went to Michigan and the other half to MSU.

I'm actually glad. Unless Brown is going to commit, I would rather save it for the 2016 class that I think we have a better shot to land the big ones.

Duncan Robinson
You guys really don't see him getting off the bench ? The other night in the Bucknell game the color analyst said he was going great things in practice. He gets a year to practice and get stronger.. Is tall and can stroke it from deep.. I know he is skinny but who isn't on JB's team other then Maximus ...

http://www.umhoops.com/2014/09/03/michigan-announces-addition-duncan-robinson/

Last edited:
Duncan Robinson
You guys really don't see him getting off the bench ? The other night in the Bucknell game the color analyst said he was going great things in practice. He gets a year to practice and get stronger.. Is tall and can stroke it from deep.. I know he is skinny but who isn't on JB's team other then Maximus ...

http://www.umhoops.com/2014/09/03/michigan-announces-addition-duncan-robinson/

I think he can be a nice complimentary player and a great shooter coming off the bench. He just can't replace LeVert. LeVert will be a big loss after this season and we need a great recruit to replace him.

I think he can be a nice complimentary player and a great shooter coming off the bench. He just can't replace LeVert. LeVert will be a big loss after this season and we need a great recruit to replace him.

This.

Duncan Robinson will probably be a decent player for Beilein, but he won't be going to the NBA. Plus, we were hearing all last year how good Donnal was looking in practice and he's been mediocre at best to this point.

This.

Duncan Robinson will probably be a decent player for Beilein, but he won't be going to the NBA. Plus, we were hearing all last year how good Donnal was looking in practice and he's been mediocre at best to this point.

And boom goes the dynamite.

Back