Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

*Official UM Hoops Thread*

Ahh sorry about that. Basically the same as the other but stating he could make his decision as early as tomorrow and that Michigan would still appear to be neck n neck with Duke ahead of Flordia.

Beez said:
Ahh sorry about that. Basically the same as the other but stating he could make his decision as early as tomorrow and that Michigan would still appear to be neck n neck with Duke ahead of Flordia.

No problem, I'm just guessing that since it was deleted it may not be legit. Or they just deemed it a duplicate. Guess we'll find out

I still think that McGary wants to come to Michigan. Unfortunately, earlier in the process at least, his parents wanted him to go to Duke. Hopefully, he does what he wants. Its only a year, after all.

I feel the same way, as do a lot of writes/bloggers.

DR said:
Blue Rage is happening again this year....

http://www.umich.edu/~bluerage/

As I thought, the price increase last year due to the MSU game hasn't been rescinded, but it's still a great opportunity to get close to the action.

$45 for a ticket to the 1/1 Minnesota game and the 2/25-26 Purdue game. Also get a "Blue Rage" t-shirt and pizza before the Minny game. Sucks that the first game is on New Years (4pm to be exact), so no Rose Bowl, but I'm still doing it. The last few years I've been just about 5-6 rows behind the bench. It's definitely a highlight of the basketball season for me.

I just realized that the Purdue game will be the last home game of the year, senior day. Very happy to have tickets secured for that. It's hard to even remember Michigan Basketball without Novak and Douglass involved.

Senior night was the shit last year.

Would McGary be the biggest recruit since one of the fab5 picked Michigan? I mean, of course, IF he picked Michigan...

Hungry said:
Would McGary be the biggest recruit since one of the fab5 picked Michigan? I mean, of course, IF he picked Michigan...

Not sure, I know Jerod Ward was labelled the top recruit in the country by some publication, but we saw how that turned out. But in terms of how big it is for the program....obviously.

I'm really trying to temper my expectations both on and off the court. I'm trying not to get my hopes up in the event that he picks Duke because I don't want to feel like Michigan is doomed because of it. They will still have an awesome team and a great shot at a big 10 title. I also don't want to get OVERLY excited if/whne they get McGary, and start expecting a national title or something because of 1 kid. I'm trying to stay mellow.....woosaaaaahhhhhhh. If we get him and he's not the greatest I don't want to be ridiculously disappointed, just mildly. lol

He looks great but just a year ago he wasn't the recruit he is now..........UGH WHAT AM I SAYING! PLEASE COME TO MICHIGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CHAMPIONSHIP!

Beez said:
I'm really trying to temper my expectations both on and off the court. I'm trying not to get my hopes up in the event that he picks Duke because I don't want to feel like Michigan is doomed because of it. They will still have an awesome team and a great shot at a big 10 title. I also don't want to get OVERLY excited if/whne they get McGary, and start expecting a national title or something because of 1 kid. I'm trying to stay mellow.....woosaaaaahhhhhhh. If we get him and he's not the greatest I don't want to be ridiculously disappointed, just mildly. lol

He looks great but just a year ago he wasn't the recruit he is now..........UGH WHAT AM I SAYING! PLEASE COME TO MICHIGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CHAMPIONSHIP!

He would be just 1 player, but the other players are looking to be pretty good. He would be a nice compliment to them.

Wouldnt he be more of a physical presence for our team? Thats just what we need. Hope he doesnt pick duke.

Back