Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

*Official UM Hoops Thread*

Mitch McGary is supposed to announce his decision on thursday. MANY sources say he will pick Michigan

I wonder what time on thursday?

Hungry said:
Mitch McGary is supposed to announce his decision on thursday. MANY sources say he will pick Michigan

Hope for the best, expect the worst.

Hungry said:

5pm EST on ESPNU

==================================

McGary, Warren to Announce This Week

By Adam Zagoria on October 31, 2011, 11:39PM

two of the biggest names left on the 2012 recruiting board will end the speculation this week when Brewster Academy teammates Mitch McGary and T.J. Warren name their colleges.

The 6-foot-10 McGary will announce Thursday for either Michigan, Duke or Florida, and his father confirmed Mitch will announce on ESPN.

Sounds like NC State could be shaping up to get back into the top 25.

okay i just checked thursday and none of the ESPN stations are airing "recruiting nation".

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]okay i just checked thursday and none of the ESPN stations are airing "recruiting nation".

Who knows, sometimes the program guides aren't updated right away. I'm sure we'll get more concrete news later...or just all of a sudden find out his decision.

I've been a little worried about Hardaway keeping up the hot streak he ended last season with....not any more. He's the man.

Practice notes from Scout...

Some things we've been told from recent hoopings:

The three top kids early-on: Hardaway, Smot, and Trey

Trey -- distributing the ball well, and he can score
Smot -- stronger, better able to go inside and score, and to rebound

Early on -- Horford is with the ones at the 5 ... Morgan is doing well, but Horford better

Vogrich has been the beneficiary if Trey's dishings, and is shooting it well

And ... Zach and Stu are Zach and Stu, as always

============================================

Man, we know what we're getting from Morgan, if Horford is looking clearly better this year.....nice.

DR said:
[quote="Hungry":y3v0kgcz]Mitch McGary is supposed to announce his decision on thursday. MANY sources say he will pick Michigan

5pm EST on ESPNU

==================================

McGary, Warren to Announce This Week

By Adam Zagoria on October 31, 2011, 11:39PM

two of the biggest names left on the 2012 recruiting board will end the speculation this week when Brewster Academy teammates Mitch McGary and T.J. Warren name their colleges.

The 6-foot-10 McGary will announce Thursday for either Michigan, Duke or Florida, and his father confirmed Mitch will announce on ESPN.

DR said:
Practice notes from Scout...

Some things we've been told from recent hoopings:

The three top kids early-on: Hardaway, Smot, and Trey

Trey -- distributing the ball well, and he can score
Smot -- stronger, better able to go inside and score, and to rebound

Early on -- Horford is with the ones at the 5 ... Morgan is doing well, but Horford better

Vogrich has been the beneficiary if Trey's dishings, and is shooting it well

And ... Zach and Stu are Zach and Stu, as always

============================================

Man, we know what we're getting from Morgan, if Horford is looking clearly better this year.....nice.

wow. if burke is even half as good as people have been saying, we're going to be very good. Any word on turnovers? Is he keeping the ball safe?

As for Horford > Morgan....that's a shock. A good shock.

There's been very little info to come out of the practices so far. This has been pretty much it, aside from a report a couple days ago that Novak, Smotrycz, and Hardaway are shooting it well.

From a Scout recruiting analyst...

I know that Brian Snow dropped a post on this yesterday on the national board. But I wanted to make sure I stopped by this board.

I will be absolutely stunned if McGary doesn't pick Michigan on Thursday. My understanding is that the other schools involved have not talked to McGary in a few weeks. All signs point to Michigan.

Back