Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Shohei Ohtani

I hate all IFA's. Go through the draft like everyone else.. Fair and fair.

updated stats as of 05/11/2018

Batting

.354/.400/1.077

5HR

Pitching

5 starts

3-1
10.94 k/9
4.10 ERA
1.18 WHIP

I plan on going to the game on 5/31 when they are in town. Hoping to see him play, along with Trout. Pujols, Kins, Upton all a bonus as well.

I plan on going to the game on 5/31 when they are in town. Hoping to see him play, along with Trout. Pujols, Kins, Upton all a bonus as well.

looks like you are going to miss him. He's pitching tonight (5/30)

Here is how he would stack up on the Tigers

#1 in OPS
#2 in HR

#1 (tie) in WHIP
#2 in ERA
#1 (tie) in strikeouts

looks like you are going to miss him. He's pitching tonight (5/30)

Here is how he would stack up on the Tigers

#1 in OPS
#2 in HR

#1 (tie) in WHIP
#2 in ERA
#1 (tie) in strikeouts

Yeah I've been watching closely. Not gonna make it after all. Had a chance to get some great tickets for tonight's game, but I am not gonna risk driving 3.5 hours each way with all the rain that is coming. Where I'm at, supposed to start around 4, in Detroit rain supposed to start around 6-7pm.

Does he bat on nights when he starts, or no?

only if they are playing in an NL park. He usually doesn't hit the day before and after his starts. Looking at his game log, it seems like they are trying to pitch him near days with a scheduled off day.

The Angles have played 55 games. He has played in 30 as a hitter and 7 as a pitcher.

Tommy John. Will be back in 2020. Ouch.

Update: Maybe.

Last edited:
from what I have read he has had a problem with that elbow for some time. I'm afraid that this will make the Angles limit him to either a batter or a pitcher...not both. I think that would be a mistake. Baseball needs somebody like him. I really doubt that hitting 3 or 4 days a week as the DH has any impact on his pitching elbow.

from what I have read he has had a problem with that elbow for some time. I'm afraid that this will make the Angles limit him to either a batter or a pitcher...not both. I think that would be a mistake. Baseball needs somebody like him. I really doubt that hitting 3 or 4 days a week as the DH has any impact on his pitching elbow.

Well, he could be hit injuring his hand or arm. Or hurt himself while running the bases.. which happened earlier.

Tigers should have gotten more out of their shitty investment, and used Dontrelle Willis as a PH and occasional DH. He was a decent hitter in the NL with some power.

Last edited:
so what...there are injury risks every time someone takes the field.

And maybe it goes up doing both? My point was earlier he hurt his ankle, as a DH - missed time at both DH and and starts, 1-2 can't remember. And his injury now from pitching effects him as a DH.

And maybe it goes up doing both? My point was earlier he hurt his ankle, as a DH - missed time at both DH and and starts, 1-2 can't remember. And his injury now from pitching effects him as a DH.

It might...and it might not. IMO the benefit of having someone that can do both (as well as he does) would outweigh the possible injury risk.

It might...and it might not. IMO the benefit of having someone that can do both (as well as he does) would outweigh the possible injury risk.

His two injuries so far says it doesn't.. If he was strictly a hitter, no need for TJ assume that's what happens.

His two injuries so far says it doesn't.. If he was strictly a hitter, no need for TJ assume that's what happens.

If he was strictly a hitter he wouldn't be a special player.

I will be very disappointed if they limit him to one or the other. Baseball needs someone exciting.

Back