Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers @ Indians 5-5-2016 Game 27

tigermud

Game Time: 6:10
TV: Fox Sports Detroit
Forecast: Cloudy, 53

Detroit (14-12)

Ian Kinsler, 2B
J.D. Martinez, RF
Miguel Cabrera, 1B
Victor Martinez, DH
Justin Upton, LF
Nick Castellanos, 3B
Jarrod Saltalamacchia, C
Mike Aviles, SS
Andrew Romine, CF

P: Fulmer 1-0 (3.60)

Indians (12-12)

Rajai Davis, CF
Jason Kipnis, 2B
Francisco Lindor, SS
Michael Brantley, LF
Mike Napoli, 1B
Carlos Santana, DH
Juan Uribe, 3B
Lonnie Chisenhall, RF
Chris Gimenez, C

P: Bauer 1-0 (5.28)

Game Notes

Can the Tigers manage to salvage one and avoid getting swept in back to back series with the tribe? Changes at the bottom of the Detroit order tonight, as James McCann, Anthony Goose and Jose Iglesias all sit. Catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia, shortstop Mike Aviles and center fielder Andrew Romine will bat 7-8-9.

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2016/05/detroit_tigers_gameday_michael_3.html

I was thinking about complaining about two scrubs being in the line up on the same night but then again maybe Brad is just trying to get more guys in there that can handle off speed crap as the Indians don't seem interested in challenging the offense with fastballs in the zone, and why should they, tigers have proven over and over and over again they can't adjust to it very well. anyway.. it's finally half way decent outside for the first time in near two weeks, skipping at least the first half of this one.

JD is really slumping in that two hole now, can we get him the hell back to the 5 spot and upton down to 7th or 8th yet

Last edited:
I'm throwing this hot garbage dumpster fire on the ground

Ground!

JD is really slumping in that two hole now, can we get him the hell back to the 5 spot and upton down to 7th or 8th yet

Same. Maybe these guys are imitating to hit in front of Miggy. I'd move JD back to 5, Upton to 7 and Iggy to 2.

Same. Maybe these guys are imitating to hit in front of Miggy. I'd move JD back to 5, Upton to 7 and Iggy to 2.

Agree on the lineup, I'd lean more towards iggy 1 Kinsler 2 though, Kinsler has more extra base power..it shouldn't be this difficult, it is for Brad though..This team is fustrating

Last edited:
A good statistical glimpse into the torrid start to the season Tigers third baseman Nick Castellanos has had. His fourth-inning home run -- a three-run bomb that pulled the Tigers within one run of the Indians -- was his fifth of the season. He didn't get his fifth of the season until July 6 (his 78th game) of last season, according to ESPN Stats and Info.
Castellanos, who is now hitting .380, has 12 RBI in last eight games and has 47 extra-base hits since July 1 of last season, which ties him with J.D. Martinez for the team lead during that span.
espn

Michael Fulmer: There were some things to like in his start -- the slider looks good, the six strikeouts were nice, but five innings, ten hits, two walks, and five earned runs just isn't good enough. The command was noticeably lacking.

7-9 Hitters: Saltalamacchia, Aviles, and Romine combined for an anemic 1-11 with seven of the Tigers' eight strikeouts. Their defense wasn't redeeming this trio either.

STREAKS AND STATS:
Castellanos extending his hitting streak to eight games, Upton extended his streak to seven games.

The Tigers dropped their third straight, falling to 14-13 on the season. Six of those losses are to Cleveland.

Fire Ausmus.

Team is just unwatchable for me right now hope it gets better but pretty embarrassing losing 6 in row to any team let alone a non contender..

F'n ausmus;
No sugar-coating the six straight losses to the Cleveland Indians this season.

According to Tigers manager Brad Ausmus, "They were the better team: "They outplayed us, simple as that. They out-pitched us, They out-hit us,
They out-defended us. Period.
They were the better baseball team out there. They've been the better baseball team all six games we've played against [them]".

The f'n Putz forgot to say "They out managed us".

I just can't watch this boring shit show. Brad is just clueless. Cant sit players when your 0-5 verses a team.

Last edited:
F'n ausmus;
No sugar-coating the six straight losses to the Cleveland Indians this season.

According to Tigers manager Brad Ausmus, "They were the better team: "They outplayed us, simple as that. They out-pitched us, They out-hit us,
They out-defended us. Period.
They were the better baseball team out there. They've been the better baseball team all six games we've played against [them]".

The f'n Putz forgot to say "They out managed us".

It just doesn't click with deer in the headlights guy at the helm it's time for a change Avila the team is not fun to watch makeing the same base running mistakes and falling to adjust over and over again, consistent one bad inning starters outside of Zimmerman..offense consistently shut down by soft tossers, and steady diets of breaking balls, especially lefties, it's just nauseating.

Same old same old.. team has 68 walks which is tied for second worst and only two ahead of two teams at 66. It's amazing this teams obp is .322 ( 12th),and the middle of the pack with its all or nothing type of hitting. Man I hope we can find a way to win this year. So frustrating that it appears our window may be closing for good with Verlander and Miggy :(

I can't believe the guys that keep blaming the manager when the team fucks up. Put the blame where it belongs...on the players. The only two offensive players that are really producing are V-mart and Nick. Kinsler has been pretty good too, but the rest aren't doing squat. I don't think I have to even talk about the starting pitching...it's been Zimmerman and a bunch of garbage. This team is one game above .500 which is probably about right for how the players have been producing.

I can't believe the guys that keep blaming the manager when the team fucks up. Put the blame where it belongs...on the players. The only two offensive players that are really producing are V-mart and Nick. Kinsler has been pretty good too, but the rest aren't doing squat. I don't think I have to even talk about the starting pitching...it's been Zimmerman and a bunch of garbage. This team is one game above .500 which is probably about right for how the players have been producing.

Agree 100%

Who sits Gose and iggy when you are 0-5 verses s team ?.
Who lacks energy in the dugout.
Who stays with the same lineup to long before making the switch to JD batting 2nd and moving strikeout king down .. oh now it applies to JD.

Again here we go again wiith the everyone is blaming Brad posts when in fact we are not but he is part of the problem for this low energy team. Again it starts with the pile of crap AA has put togther. Then the players , and the the dingbat Manger who sits guys when you are 0-5 verses a team. He pigeon holes players in spots and is way to slow to react to a problem weather that be moving a struggling hitter down or using the same guy in a bullpen spot who is not getting the job done like he did over and over last season. It's not all on Brad but your being lazy to suggest he is not part of the problem with his passive style of managing . I was glad he finally called his team out last night but as Ron said did he mention the manager of his team in that blast also? Because last I remember it's a team game.

So let's recap
1. AA .
2. Players.
3. Brad .

Last edited:
Brad should fine any player who gaffes on the bases paths. It was funny a couple of times last seasons but it's time to put that epidemic behind them. Hurt the players wallets then maybe they will listen to the coaches.

Back