Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

National Geographic

When I was a kid way back in the late 6o's early 70's I would stay a week at my grand parents house in hastings, and I would flip through the old ones and look and read them and take out the maps.. Just a great memory of them.

Last edited:
yeah. we had stacks of them in our basement growing up. used to love reading them when i was bored.

I eventually re-subscribed a couple years ago, but dropped my subscription when Rupert Murdoch bought them and immediately laid off 500 employees or something like that. assholes have to ruin everything, and justify it by "business as usual." hope they can survive him. he'll probably die soon.

Man look at National Geographic for the same reason they look at Playboy magazine. They want to see the places they're never going to visit.

yeah. we had stacks of them in our basement growing up. used to love reading them when i was bored.

I eventually re-subscribed a couple years ago, but dropped my subscription when Rupert Murdoch bought them and immediately laid off 500 employees or something like that. assholes have to ruin everything, and justify it by "business as usual." hope they can survive him. he'll probably die soon.

They were going under because they were losing money. When a business is losing money you have to trim the fat. When Murdoch came aboard they laid off 180 employees which was about 9% of the workforce.

If they do survive, they will do so because he bought them out. Although, people cancelling their subscriptions probably doesn't help matters.

Back