Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Montreal 2 Detroit 1 Final ot

This one hurts. Bad calls or not, we were about 3 minutes away from getting the shutout, and then just got blasted out of the gates in OT. Both goals given up came in 4 on 4 ice time.

The team gave up 36 shots on goal, which is never ideal. Jimmy was standing on his head most of the game, so to lose it like this with two goals at the end just sucks. I'm also pissed about the disallowed goal. I thought that stuff was supposed to be getting reviewed in real time by the NHL. How does somebody review that and still decide it shouldn't count? Even the most cynical view of the NHL's review should have called that a goal. In a sport that is struggling to stay relevant in America and goal scoring is going down every year, I would support every close call to just be awarded a goal.

That game hurt. We played so well, and in fact, nearly were leading the game 2-0. They called Goalie interference on Abdelkader on a beauty shot from Datsyuk, that went IN THE GOAL!!! They waved off the goal. Carey Price moved toward Abdelkader and Abdelkader didn't move. Carey Price was just plain fooled by Datsyuk's shot!!! Anyway, we played great, and got one OTL for it. Jimmy Howard seems quite sharp.

Back