Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

How crazy a game plan might we see?

bamf_16

If I'm Brady Hoke, coaching for my dream job, knowing that if I win Saturday, I likely come back next year, and if I don't, I'm likely done, and I'm coming off the bye week....

I do what Lloyd Carr did to Urban Meyer in the Capital One Bowl.

My offense looks nothing like what's been on film for MSU to see. Gardner becomes the feature of the offense, like he was against PSU last year. I implement the zone read feature to the offense, and on my first drive, I hurry up, run that package, hope Gardner gets 4-6 runs and then uses that tendency to somehow get up 7-0 before MSU can adjust.

Defensively, first series, I go vanilla. Cover 2 and Cover 3, play bend-don't-break defense. Hope for 7-0 at best 7-3 at worst.

Second series, I go with some type of fast paced throw first package where Gardner catches the ball in the shotgun and doesn't even take a step back. Lots of presnap motion to try to keep the DBs moving and guessing, and throw short to neutralize pressure. Give MSU something else they haven't seen. 10-3 or 14-3.

Then hope that's enough to settle in and roll.

But that's just me.

My bet? UM runs between the tackles on first and second down, and on 3rd and 9, Gardner gets sacked or pressured into a bad throw.

And it's why in the score prediction thread I'm going 34-6 MSU.

I hope they go all out, that would be the right thing to do but I expect a slow pace as always playing like they are up 42-0 when in reality it will be 21-0 msu in the fourth with two minutes left.

Last edited:
I think we should put a jet pack on Gardner, only conceal it underneath his pads so that no one will know.

lol at thinking Brady Hoke will do anything different on any game every. He will do exactly the same thing he's done in every game prior to this one. He will try and run it, it won't work. He will then throw on 3rd and long and it will fail. The defense will do OK in the first half until the 2nd half where it implodes because the offense isn't doing shit. We lose by a lot of point. The end.

Hoke uncharacteristically allowed word to come out after the weekend's practices that it is.

Gardner said something about it being as good as it was before the last game. I thought he meant it's not 100% and it wasn't before the Penn St. game either.

I think we will see both DG and Morris play this Saturday.

Christ I hope not. Morris has been awful. While Gardner has been too, at least I have vivid memories of him being great. Morris has no such history. He's been awful the whole time.

I was just thinking, "No matter how bad things get Saturday, at least we won't have to listen to calls to put in Morris."

the only way I want to see Morris on the field is if Gardner is too injured to hand off the ball, or even take a knee late (like he was against PennSt, but Hoke kept him in).

Last edited by a moderator:

My bet? UM runs between the tackles on first and second down, and on 3rd and 9, Gardner gets sacked or pressured into a bad throw.

And it's why in the score prediction thread I'm going 34-6 MSU.

This is my fear as well. Nussmeier has no idea how to call a comeback (and Hoke will just stand there clapping).

I'll also add the futility of us taking 25-30 seconds to run each play, down 2 or more scores in the 3rd and 4th Q's... I also see that. And at that point I will probably just turn the TV off.

But it's not often we go into a game 17 pt underdogs, and having your back to the wall like that... changes a man. I will be tuning in just to see about that change.

I am just depressed about it all

the frustrating thing is to see the team has no fight in their losses, and no identity. Just completely impotent.

Even in the worst year of Carr's tenure (2005) we didn't lose a single game by more than a score. and we fought hard each week.

I remember heading into game @MSU we were 2-2 and unranked, they were 4-0, #11, had beat ND and destroyed UI, and were running their mouths about how bad they'd beat us... I was confident we'd take it to them though.

I remember heading into game @MSU we were 2-2 and unranked, they were 4-0, #11, had beat ND and destroyed UI, and were running their mouths about how bad they'd beat us... I was confident we'd take it to them though.

That was the "little brother" game, right?

Hart%2BFamily.jpg

Last edited:
That was the "little brother" game, right?

Hart%2BFamily.jpg

This was the year we went 7-5. MSU started out hot under John L. Smith, and were running their mouths about how they were gonna blow us out. They beat ND in 2OTs, just after ND beat us, and they had blown out 3 other weak opponents.

We started 2-2, losing at home to ND under 1st year coach Weis, when Jake Long and Mike Hart both went down early, and then lost again to a decent Wisconsin team in Camp Randall, Barry A.'s last game against us.

Funny, thinking back I remember how pissed we were that we started 2-2. It was like the worst disaster in Michigan football history that I could remember.

Little Brother was 2 years later (App. state year.). Starting out 0-2 was worse.

Then going 3-9 got worse.

Then we fired Mr. 3-9 and it was supposed to get better, and did for a while, but now it's bad again, and that makes this even worse.

But I tell myself... "hey, you're in the middle of the season. You have no idea where this is going. Things can change in a hurry... and you've seen that happen before, and will see it happen again."

Last edited by a moderator:
We need to bock a punt for a TD... Have a INT for a td... a fumble return for a td...a safety and 6 field goals, and with our luck we will still lose 42 to 39.....
Like ML said this just another depressing week being a Michigan football fan...
We have had a bunch of these the last 10 years...

Christ I hope not. Morris has been awful. While Gardner has been too, at least I have vivid memories of him being great. Morris has no such history. He's been awful the whole time.

I think the Sparty D will be out after DG, especially if he is having a good game. They may need to bring in Morris for a few plays to give DG a breather and recover after a hit or two. I just hope Morris has been practicing with the first string O and can step up if called on.

Back