Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Today's Good Old American mass shooting brought to you by...

Unfortunately, even big stories like this get brushed aside. I haven't heard much about the Vegas shooter in the past weeks. The media just moves along to the next story.

The state of Nevada and Vegas-area media likely is where more recent followups can be found, not so much the national M$M.

Kelley wasn't just discharged, he was also court marshalled, imprisoned, and dishonorably discharged. The miltary and courts ruled it illegal for DDed vets to possess or own firearms, not a civilian criminal court for being found guilty of committing a felony.

correct...but the USAF has nothing to do with him after he is discharged. They report what he did (court martial, dishonarable discharge, etc.) and it's up to the states to regulate if he is allowed to buy / possess a gun. It isn't really complicated.

correct...but the USAF has nothing to do with him after he is discharged. They report what he did (court martial, dishonarable discharge, etc.) and it's up to the states to regulate if he is allowed to buy / possess a gun. It isn't really complicated.

As far as the state of Texass was concerned, he didn't (as yet) commit a felony, and unless there is some state law on the record where the LEOs can arrest, and the county charge and prosecute him for violating a military rule, then what could they do about him possessing and/or owning firearms? Of any state in the Union, Texass is the very least likely to have any such language on their books.

Last edited:
As far as the state of Texass was concerned, he didn't (as yet) commit a felony, and unless there is some state law on the record where the LEOs can arrest, and the county charge and prosecute him for violating a military rule, then what could they do about him possessing and/or owning firearms? Of any state in the Union, Texass is the very least likely to have any such language on their books.

It is my understanding that the state is who is responsible for allowing or disallowing a person to purchase the gun. I am also assuming that the information about his military record was in the database. I don't know if he lied on his application or if the "crimes" he committed while in the AF didn't disqualify him. Either way...it's really fucked up that this asshole had access to firearms.

Fox News host thinks the victims here were lucky because they died in church and were therefore closer to Christ. link.

I hate Fox News and their brainless hosts so fucking much.

Fox News host thinks the victims here were lucky because they died in church and were therefore closer to Christ. link.

I used to know a guy who said his goal was to be shot at 105 years old climbing out a window by a jealous husband.

Ainsley Earhardt is her name, it seems (I had to look it up).

I can't imagine what was going through the governor's mind while she was saying that.

And here I was taught as a tyke in the RC faith, that gawd/jeebus is everywhere.

So if I had been murdered while say, praying the rosary, with my scapular on, but w/ pajamas and undies down while taking care of a natural bodily function that happens inside my parents' bathroom, that I STILL wasn't as near to heaven's pearly gates, as some Baptists were in a tiny church in Tumbleweed Texass 50 years later?

Now that is a truly depressing revelation.

Damn you, Faux Ruse!!

Damn ya'll to HE-double hockey sticks!!

Last edited:
turns out the AF didn't put Kelley in the FBI database. Pathetic

You mentioned you're former AF. I'm not military nor do I come from a family that has much military experience. How big of an error is that? Do you think it's common? If you have no idea, no worries, just curious.

You mentioned you're former AF. I'm not military nor do I come from a family that has much military experience. How big of an error is that? Do you think it's common? If you have no idea, no worries, just curious.

From some elected officials with military backgrounds, this situation of non-reporting occurs too often ..

New one in N. California; sounds like the story still developing. Shooter apparently targeted an elementary schlool. link.

New one in N. California; sounds like the story still developing. Shooter apparently targeted an elementary schlool. link.

they posted mugshots of the shooter from this one... YIKES.

Although, as a well-brainwashed American citizen, I am reassured that the good that comes from keeping government tyranny at bay more than outweighs
the harm that comes from allowing every psychotic backwoods hillbilly and deranged lunatic to get their hands on an AR-15 with high capacity magazines and thousands of rounds of ammunition.

they posted mugshots of the shooter from this one... YIKES.

Although, as a well-brainwashed American citizen, I am reassured that the good that comes from keeping government tyranny at bay more than outweighs
the harm that comes from allowing every psychotic backwoods hillbilly and deranged lunatic to get their hands on an AR-15 with high capacity magazines and thousands of rounds of ammunition.

Apparently this guy "manufactured" his own AR-15.

maybe he 3-D printed it, which means gun laws are useless!

Gulo?

Apparently this guy "manufactured" his own AR-15.

maybe he 3-D printed it, which means gun laws are useless!

Gulo?

A quick web search revealed nothing. The 2 ways this becomes a thing is if 1) 3D metal printers become reasonably accessible (not yet), 2) someone comes up with a good hybrid design where you add a few easily obtained metal parts to 3D printed parts.

I expect there to be a media reaction if either of those things happen.

I'm thinking this guy bought parts of different AR-15s and put them together and maybe modified something to make it noteworthy.

Hard to keep up with this thread...

was just one in Galveston, TX.

a mom killed her sons, and husband in their sleep, then herself.

awful.

Although the NRA-types would say "Well, domestic disputes don't count. They're avoidable: just don't belong to a family that counts anyone who is clinically depressed, or psychotic as a member. Or who might lose their temper, grab a gun - which we've helped ensure are widely available - and shoot everyone. Simple enough."

Hard to keep up with this thread...

was just one in Galveston, TX.

a mom killed her sons, and husband in their sleep, then herself.

awful.

Although the NRA-types would say "Well, domestic disputes don't count. They're avoidable: just don't belong to a family that counts anyone who is clinically depressed, or psychotic as a member. Or who might lose their temper, grab a gun - which we've helped ensure are widely available - and shoot everyone. Simple enough."

Beyond the NRA, I'm pretty sure law enforcement wouldn't classify this as a mass shooting.

Looks like we're making up for lost time during the pandemic.

although, according to this article, mass shootings actually kept increasing during the pandemic; school shootings were the only shootings that went down, I guess:

Gun Violence Archive defines mass shootings broadly, as any incident in which four or more people are shot or killed, not including the shooter. Using that methodology, mass shootings have risen in recent years, including during the pandemic. There were 611 mass shootings in 2020, up from 419 in 2019 and 337 in 2018, Gun Violence Archive reported.​

Back