Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Today's Good Old American mass shooting brought to you by...

Looks like we're making up for lost time during the pandemic.

although, according to this article, mass shootings actually kept increasing during the pandemic; school shootings were the only shootings that went down, I guess:

Gun Violence Archive defines mass shootings broadly, as any incident in which four or more people are shot or killed, not including the shooter. Using that methodology, mass shootings have risen in recent years, including during the pandemic. There were 611 mass shootings in 2020, up from 419 in 2019 and 337 in 2018, Gun Violence Archive reported.​

Cabin fever due to quarantines along with all the increasing political crusades that are becoming more extreme, add to that all the rioting and resultant attitudes for/against cops and minorities...Defund police and legalize drugs and petty crimes...more people buying guns due to not feeling safe and even more getting guns illegally every day...

I am sure you did not expect a decrease in these numbers after all that has transpired.

another one. this one in South Carolina. This one brought to you by an ex NFL player killing a Doctor, his wife, and two of their young grandchildren...then he blew his own head off.

I'm sure CTE is to blame.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31214902/report-former-nfl-player-phillip-adams-kills-5-himself

What about the good guy with a gun who, for whatever reason, was not there to stop the bad guy with a gun?

Surely that guy should have known he was the only thing that could have stopped the bad guy.

That guy deserves some of the blame.

Last edited:
The headline is misleading.

It implies he was afraid of being caught in the middle of a random mass shooting.

He was actually concerned about being the target for political assassination.

Presumably by a bad guy.

With a gun.

Which is ironic.

what if he was killed with a bow and arrow? would that be more ironic?

Also: two mass shootings in one day: 1 dead, 4 wounded in Bryan, TX.

what if he was killed with a bow and arrow? would that be more ironic?

Also: two mass shootings in one day: 1 dead, 4 wounded in Bryan, TX.

No.

Now, if he were targeted by a bad guy with a gun, and just in the nick of time...

The assassination attempt was thwarted by a good guy a bow and arrow who shot the bad guy with a gun...and the good guy with the bow and arrow was Native American or had Native American ancestry...now...THAT would be ironic.

But the pinnacle of irony would be if the bowman were to actually be Ronald Reagan Junior, who, through his mother, the late great First Lady Nancy (Davis) Reagan, is literally of the lineage of Pocahontas herself.

Now, that amount of irony right there...irony and absurdity...that shit would make my day.

On such a night, Elizabeth Warren would be silently cursing Wayne LaPierre, while Pocahontas would be looking down from somewhere, smiling proudly.

Last edited:
Apparently this guy "manufactured" his own AR-15.

maybe he 3-D printed it, which means gun laws are useless!

Gulo?

Wow, Champ...this is the type of thing Gun Rights people have argued for years...I am happy to see it seems to at last be better understood.

Many Black Market and otherwise illegal guns exist. Removing Legal guns will only result in people acquiring illegal ones. And removing all guns will only result in people acquiring other weapons (it is literally easier to build a bomb than a gun, but thankfully most mentally unstable people are yet to pursue bomb making).

Until mental disabilities are cured, there will continue to be violence. The underlying issues are about the mental capacities and disabilities of the individual(s), as opposed to the fact guns exist.

My opinion, not that I matters obviously, is the increase in murders in 2020 is PARTIALLY due to decreased police presence.

I am sure my opinion will be controversial to many on here who are for Defunding Police.

Wow, Champ...this is the type of thing Gun Rights people have argued for years...I am happy to see it seems to at last be better understood.

Many Black Market and otherwise illegal guns exist. Removing Legal guns will only result in people acquiring illegal ones. And removing all guns will only result in people acquiring other weapons (it is literally easier to build a bomb than a gun, but thankfully most mentally unstable people are yet to pursue bomb making).

Until mental disabilities are cured, there will continue to be violence. The underlying issues are about the mental capacities and disabilities of the individual(s), as opposed to the fact guns exist.

?No Way To Prevent This,? Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens

It should be included. Domestic shootings too. Gun violence in America is gun violence.

Agreed.

Wow, you and I agreeing on guns and gun violence... I think dogs and cats are close to living together! LOL

Onion articles are so well written. This one is a solid mix of sad truth and dry humor.

No doubt. Some of my favorite moments are when someone "eats the onion". I bet the writers take pride in that.

No doubt. Some of my favorite moments are when someone "eats the onion". I bet the writers take pride in that.

?Mathematics retires number 4 in honor of Brett Favre? is one of my all-time favorite Onion headlines.

Back