Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Today's Good Old American mass shooting brought to you by...

For the remainder of the day, Biden occupied himself with hosing off his car, giving the side doors an extra coat of wax, and throwing out a variety of items from beneath its front seats, including crumpled-up fast food wrappers, a number of soft packs of Doral kings, an issue of Cheri magazine from 1991, and Senate bill S. 486.

S.486 - Methamphetamine Anti-Proliferation Act of 1999

A dig at Biden's history of criminalizing drug use but Hunter getting a pass nonetheless? Their attention to detail, despite being a satirical site is pretty good.

Last edited:
Was Hunter a known entity in 2009?

I'm going to say no. I think people are politically more involved & aware now, but even now it would be a stretch to say most Americans know the family members of the VP-elect, their wheelings-and-dealings, and conflicts of interest.

We maybe did a little bit more w/Trump, but he and his family really brought that on themselves.

I will say it was BULLSHIT they buried the Hunter Biden laptop story like they did. It's one thing to take the position that family members of elected officials should be out-of-bounds for political attacks, if they're not also players in the game, but if you read Hunter's wikipedia entry, he's very much been part of it.

I'm going to say no. I think people are politically more involved & aware now, but even now it would be a stretch to say most Americans know the family members of the VP-elect, their wheelings-and-dealings, and conflicts of interest.

corporate media plays a big role in this lack of awareness, BTW.

They should cover candidates thoroughly, but they don't, as long as those candidates are part of the corporate party & feeding at the same trough

We're getting a little off topic... but I guess there haven't been any mass shootings in America today.

Well that didn't take long... 8 dead 5 wounded at a Fedex facility in Indianapolis.

neoliberal corporate hell:
Family members of FedEx workers started arriving at the Holiday Inn and told 13News getting in touch with loved ones was difficult since there is a policy against workers carrying phones during their shift.​

I have a feeling it's going to be a loooong summer.

6 wounded at a kid's birthday party in Louisiana

Now my solution to get through kids' birthday parties was to keep a small cooler of beer away from the kiddie stuff, where I (and any other dads) could sit back and have a couple cold ones after my/our birthday duties were complete, but to each his own.

6 wounded at a kid's birthday party in Louisiana

Now my solution to get through kids' birthday parties was to keep a small cooler of beer away from the kiddie stuff, where I (and any other dads) could sit back and have a couple cold ones after my/our birthday duties were complete, but to each his own.

You're just going to have to deal with the fact that this is what our infallible founding fathers wanted.

You're just going to have to deal with the fact that this is what our infallible founding fathers wanted.

From back when firearms were so accurate and reliable, an opportunity to fire a shot at each other was a reasonable amount of risk to assume in showing how serious two people were in a disagreement.

there were two more mass shootings -using tje FBI definition of three victims - in TX yesterday.

both appear domestically related.

The TX legislature is pushing a bill to allow permitless carry of handguns.

the permit process is already a joke. pushing for even easier legal carrying of guns is just straight up pro-death... totally depraved and sociopathic.

all those heated exchanges that occur in society on a daily basis - road rage, bar fights, rec league arguments about foul calls, fans fighting at sporting events, parking space disputes, etc - all guaranteed to get even more violent and deadly

there were two more mass shootings -using tje FBI definition of three victims - in TX yesterday.

both appear domestically related.

The TX legislature is pushing a bill to allow permitless carry of handguns.

the permit process is already a joke. pushing for even easier legal carrying of guns is just straight up pro-death... totally depraved and sociopathic.

all those heated exchanges that occur in society on a daily basis - road rage, bar fights, rec league arguments about foul calls, fans fighting at sporting events, parking space disputes, etc - all guaranteed to get even more violent and deadly

Sooo...TX will become like Chicago? ;P

In all seriousness, I was enjoying your take on Hunter. Props on calling out the MSM and the powers that be burying that. Not saying it would have changed the election results, not with how much people were fed up with Trump but it sure seems the Biden family actually is a fraction more depraved than the Trump family. At least Biden doesn't open his mouth and get into trouble like Trump did...maybe...but he still has a few years of dementia to prove me wrong!!! LOL...ugh...not so funny.

Sooo...TX will become like Chicago? ;P

In all seriousness, I was enjoying your take on Hunter. ...

Okay, I will provide a safe space for you by pandering to all your snowflake opinions going forward.

Okay, I will provide a safe space for you by pandering to all your snowflake opinions going forward.

LOL...for some reason I have Ace Ventura in my head now, thanks! "Snowflake....here Snowflake..."

Dang. Last update was 4/19/21, but according to the gun violence archive there have been a whopping seventy-two (72) mass shootings in America between 4/19 and 5/26 (not counting the one they list that has fewer than 3 victims).

today 8 killed at a San Jose transit center.

we really live in a sick country. yikes

Not sure of accuracy on number of mass shootings. I just read an article that stated 15 mass shootings in all of 2021, but it defined them as more than 4 people. It is this type of fluctuating data that creates conflicting viewpoints. I am not saying the data I saw was right and yours is wrong, just saying I do not know what is right/wrong when there is not consistency with "official" numbers.

You ARE correct that this is a sick country. The Covid lockdowns have resulted in therapists being overworked and even having to turn away potential patients. When people suffering from mental illness are not able to receive proper treatment, the potential for these types of things increases.

This guy was obviously mentally unstable based on the reports about his character from different sources. It appears he was at least stable just enough to only research bomb making but chose to do a mass shooting instead. Authorities are unsure where he acquired the currently illegal magazines (and possibly other items) since those have been outlawed since 2000, but apparently he also might have owned them prior to 2000 making it legal for him to have them. Adding more gun restrictions would not have prevented this, it would seem.

He seems to have started at least one fire with a delay mechanism, my guess is he learned that technique through the bomb making manuals. He seemed to only want to kill certain specific individuals, likely why he decided to forego building a bomb that would have killed indiscriminately. Small blessing, but I am growing very concerned that these unstable individuals will switch from guns to bombs.

Not sure of accuracy on number of mass shootings. I just read an article that stated 15 mass shootings in all of 2021, but it defined them as more than 4 people. It is this type of fluctuating data that creates conflicting viewpoints. I am not saying the data I saw was right and yours is wrong, just saying I do not know what is right/wrong when there is not consistency with "official" numbers.

You ARE correct that this is a sick country. The Covid lockdowns have resulted in therapists being overworked and even having to turn away potential patients. When people suffering from mental illness are not able to receive proper treatment, the potential for these types of things increases.

This guy was obviously mentally unstable based on the reports about his character from different sources. It appears he was at least stable just enough to only research bomb making but chose to do a mass shooting instead. Authorities are unsure where he acquired the currently illegal magazines (and possibly other items) since those have been outlawed since 2000, but apparently he also might have owned them prior to 2000 making it legal for him to have them. Adding more gun restrictions would not have prevented this, it would seem.

He seems to have started at least one fire with a delay mechanism, my guess is he learned that technique through the bomb making manuals. He seemed to only want to kill certain specific individuals, likely why he decided to forego building a bomb that would have killed indiscriminately. Small blessing, but I am growing very concerned that these unstable individuals will switch from guns to bombs.

That would make sense.

Back