Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Bridges out 2 weeks

johnny2x2x

Sprained ankle. 2016 sucks!

Also, Carter not likely back this year and Schilling not close either and they might Red Shirt him.

Sounds like a normal year of spartan hoops. Goins will probabaly be out for the year by next week *yawns*

I know we're thin right now but can someone explain to me why Kyle Ahrens plays a single minute a game? Every time he is on the court I feel like the Bobs on Office Space "what would you say...you do here?" He contributes absolutely nothing and I'm not sure I've ever seen him make a shot in about 10+ attempts.

I know we're thin right now but can someone explain to me why Kyle Ahrens plays a single minute a game? Every time he is on the court I feel like the Bobs on Office Space "what would you say...you do here?" He contributes absolutely nothing and I'm not sure I've ever seen him make a shot in about 10+ attempts.

He has that same look that Herzog had. Just zero confidence and scared. VanDyk should play before him at this point.

Worst starting lineup that Izzo has ever put on the floor.

at the half:

MSU Starters 4 pts

MSU Bench 30 pts

Soooooo, been a month now and still now Bridges. Already sounding like he's gonna miss this week's Big Ten opening games. Still not running on it. Seems to me to be more than a "sprained ankle".

Also, Tum is in a walking boot too with "foot stiffness". Regardless of how we all feel about his play so far he's a key piece to this team.

I'm just so sick of these feet problems that have plagued this program during Izzo's tenure. It's unreal.

Last edited:
Sprained ankles can be tough recoveries. Bad sprains are often worse than breaks. They're very easy to reinjure and soft tissue doesn't heal like bone. It can be hard to predict how long it will take.

Who knows, maybe he's pulling a McDowell, giving up on the season, taking himself out and prepping for draft workouts - ha!

I don't think we win either of these first two games without him, and maybe not with him either since it would take a little time the team to adjust to having him back. Minnesota and NW are both considerably improved over a year ago.

Kind of sucks. After that non-conference gauntlet looking at the start of the Big Ten schedule there is some opportunity to get off to a good start in the first 7 games.

Last edited:
I don't think we win either of these first two games without him, and maybe not with him either since it would take a little time the team to adjust to having him back. Minnesota and NW are both considerably improved over a year ago.

Kind of sucks. After that non-conference gauntlet looking at the start of the Big Ten schedule there is some opportunity to get off to a good start in the first 7 games.

I know Northwestern has given us fits at times and even beaten us, but my gut says we will beat them at home with or without Bridges. I'm still not totally sold on NU, but I hope they finally make the Tourney this year (assuming we aren't on the bubble with them, which right now is asking a lot).

Back