Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MGoDorkville

TheVictors

What is up with that board?

There are some posters with sticks up their ass ...others that are just fucking nerds and others who seem to have been labotomized.

Reminds me of an M grad who moved to Vail when I was living there. Dude was so obtuse, so literal, that the other guys just fucked with him endlessly. And he deserved it and I told him.

Fucking lighten up. Good God.

This is why I created this board when ESPN changed their format. I wanted to make sure we all had a place to go without worrying about that type of garbage. I ignore all M related boards for that very purpose.

MGoDorkville...hmmm...

Nope, I'm not a skier nor a boarder...never heard of the place before.

I have heard of Vail, though.

I might have even driven through it or by it once on the 80 Freeway.

If you know and/or sleuth, I post a fair amount on there as well. People are so nervous to post anything that's not PC it's scary.

I generally defend that place, arguing you have to expect some idiots in a crowd that big, but it does seem like it's significantly worse than it used to be. With a crowd that big, they need a way to hide the garbage the way reddit does. I don't really read many comments there anymore.

I check the site often, mostly for recruiting news and commitment info. I've never created an account or even visited the message board. It's it really that bad?

I check the site often, mostly for recruiting news and commitment info. I've never created an account or even visited the message board. It's it really that bad?

It's not that bad, there are just sooooo many posters and only so much information in a day. The message boards for anything interesting can quickly hit hundreds of posts, and you know that just a bunch of people typing, nobody's reading, you rarely get a real conversation.

I post there because it's super active and some of the discussions are good.

However, all the rules, up/down voting, that's all shit.

It's not that bad, there are just sooooo many posters and only so much information in a day. The message boards for anything interesting can quickly hit hundreds of posts, and you know that just a bunch of people typing, nobody's reading, you rarely get a real conversation.

I had a handful of friends from UM that knew the founder guy (Brian? right?) when we were in college. I eventually more or less cut contact with them because they kinda sucked in general, and as you get older have less time for friends who suck.

BUT A couple years ago, I was hanging out with them in NYC (coincidentally - tieing into the thread on UM student family wealth and cost of attendance, most of them were East Coasters who's parents paid full boat for college and they never had to worry about the cost). Now this was 2011, AFTER RichRod was fired and Hoke had his 11-2 year, but they were all still bitching about Lloyd Carr, saying RR didnt get a fair shot, and what not. I asked what sites they read for their football news and they all said "Mgoblog"

People who suck tend to line up together instinctively. Birds of a feather...

my other favorite Mgoblog story was how they were bragging that they weren't "insider media" like the Freep, MLive, etc. and never wanted to be... but MLady pointed out that they had requested press credentials from Dave Brandon and when they didn't get them, threw a hissy fit

Brandon obviously sucked but that site -particularly Brian - went above and beyond leading the charge to slam him. such a bunch of babies.

The site is a fantastic portal for information on M - any breaking news is immediately there and accessible. Its great.

And I have been posting there more than I used to, but it's the community of posters that inspired this thread. And this is what I find annoying --

1. The inside/inside/inside jokes
2. The 'rules' and censorship and PC BS
3. How typos resulting from posting with thumbs on a phone are harped on
4. So many attitudes are so damn literal and cannot take a joke
5. The posting without reading (as mentioned above)
6. Presumption that anything simply said without "proof" is a lie
7. Rumor-mongering
8. The term "Crootin"
9. Wolverine Devotee
10. Gifs, Gifs, Gifs

In many ways it reminds me of the ESPN board. I've also struck up a conversation or two with one of the Mods on Twitter who, as a Mod, shares many of these gripes

Thanks, I feel better now.

Uncle Leo is the best poster over there by far!

Lol

Last edited:
We had a fun board over at ESPN. I appreciate having this one

I see your posts over there, Vic. I also see bamf16 over there as well. When you guys start talking actual football, there are only so many over there that can have an actual intellectual discussion about football and athletics in general. The basic dildos over there are rah rah I went to Michigan nerds who have no idea what a football is and enter discussions just to cut others down(some do bring it on themselves).

I liked the ESPN board a lot. Think I started in 2001

ML and Byco were there already. Then the heavy moderation and censoring started.

Hell, I taught RABID how to post c/uss words on that board.

Yeah, Uncle Leo is the shit.

He's currently getting into it with some guy who thinks Mike Leach is the next coming of jesus.

We had a fun board over at ESPN. I appreciate having this one

I see your posts over there, Vic. I also see bamf16 over there as well. When you guys start talking actual football, there are only so many over there that can have an actual intellectual discussion about football and athletics in general. The basic dildos over there are rah rah I went to Michigan nerds who have no idea what a football is and enter discussions just to cut others down(some do bring it on themselves).

What's your username there?

ESPN was fun but I got in on it late, 2004. I got banned a lot on there from people on the Reds board that couldn't take a joke. Thanks to monster for starting this one.

I never really frequented mgoblog until the most recent coaching search--at that point it helped fuel my need for constant updates about Harbaugh and the search in general. I still check in a few times per week but have never bothered to create a username. More than anything, I find the cult worship of Brian to be extremely weird. I mean, he's fine and all but people treat his word like gospel. I will also say their basketball coverage seems to have improved significantly this year.

If we had the amount of traffic they did, I wouldn't go over there. But I just like the constant communication.

Back