Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Sports > Detroit Pistons > NBA General Board

Old 06-13-2017, 01:12 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdalton22 View Post
Baseball and football are different because they have to fill 45-55 positions. The NBA will always be different because one or two players have such a HUGE impact on the team.

And all teams don't have a chance at the studs. Some teams will never get "the studs" because players just don't want to play for certain organizations.
You might be right but it was never like that.. Granted free agency changes things, and I understand the NBA has always had powerhouses, Bulls-Lakers-Celtics. But those teams were mostly drafted teams.. LA got Lew Alcindor but that was a trade.. I just don't see the NBA anytime soon have some parity..

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-13-2017, 01:15 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp View Post
You might be right but it was never like that.. Granted free agency changes things, and I understand the NBA has always had powerhouses, Bulls-Lakers-Celtics. But those teams were mostly drafted teams.. LA got Lew Alcindor but that was a trade.. I just don't see the NBA anytime soon have some parity..
Lebron was also traded to the Heat.

there never was and never will be parity in the NBA because great players have more of an impact on basketball than any other sport.

Last edited by tomdalton22; 06-13-2017 at 01:17 PM.
Old 06-13-2017, 01:25 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdalton22 View Post
Lebron was also traded to the Heat.

there never was and never will be parity in the NBA because great players have more of an impact on basketball than any other sport.
I get that, that's why unless you're a fan of one of those teams it sucks.. Lebron wasn't traded in the traditional sense. It was a sign and trade.. He chose Miami and then he did the sign and trade.

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher
Old 06-13-2017, 01:27 PM   #54

Quote:
Kareem engineered that trade to play for a contender and LA was one of a few chosen teams.
Old 06-13-2017, 01:34 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by byco42 View Post
Kareem engineered that trade to play for a contender and LA was one of a few chosen teams.
Okay. But they could have trade to one of those others? I know I'm just talking nonsense but I hate knowing that Detroit, with their 8th-12th pick every year they won't contend. Maybe sneak in as 7th or 8th seed only to lose right away..

Old 06-13-2017, 02:55 PM   #56

Quote:
Okay. But they could have trade to one of those others? I know I'm just talking nonsense but I hate knowing that Detroit, with their 8th-12th pick every year they won't contend. Maybe sneak in as 7th or 8th seed only to lose right away..
you are correct....the Pistons have no chance.
Old 06-15-2017, 10:11 AM   #57

The salary cap in the NBA is supposed to guard against a few teams loading up the superstars. But the windfall cap increase in the last year, from about $70M to something like $94M, created the opportunity for things like KD to the Warriors......especially after the players union summarily rejected the owners request to phase in the cap increase.
Old 06-15-2017, 11:42 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGRW_9 View Post
The salary cap in the NBA is supposed to guard against a few teams loading up the superstars. But the windfall cap increase in the last year, from about $70M to something like $94M, created the opportunity for things like KD to the Warriors......especially after the players union summarily rejected the owners request to phase in the cap increase.
you are right. If the players union would have gone along with what the owners wanted, to phase in the increase in the cap, KD wouldn't have gone to GS
Old 06-18-2017, 10:47 AM   #59

Well we should give the Warriors front office a little credit. They did draft Green, Curry, Thompson . Everyone rips the Warriors for getting Durant and being a super team but thier payroll is 16th in the league , Yup lower then the Pelicans, Hornets, and Kings like the artcle said. Green was a great draft pick. Come to think if it why did we give up on our pick Middleton that year ? He seems decent right now ..

https://billypenn.com/2017/06/05/the...perteam-model/

Last edited by biggunsbob; 06-18-2017 at 10:48 AM.