Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Art Briles fired

SpartyNash

What a beautiful thing. The guy was a grade A scumbag and an absolute crybaby. I've never respected someone less after one game against a team, he whined and cried all game in the Cotton Bowl and for months bitched about being snubbed (Deserved since they were not a top 4 team) from the playoff.

Baylor sure knows how to find some of the scummiest coaches around (see Dave Bliss and the basketball scandal 10 years ago).

Last edited:
I wonder if ESPN feels stupid for blowing the guy for the last 5 years - they did a special on him 2 years ago about how he might be the greatest human being on top of an amazing coach. Until now, they were probably thinking 1 out of 2 isn't terrible...

Also, I love the people praising Baylor for firing him. If they hadn't got caught this firing never even would have happened.

Also, I love the people praising Baylor for firing him. If they hadn't got caught this firing never even would have happened.
It kills them to fire him, they'd look the other was as long as possible.

Look for Briles to end up somewhere I'm the SEC eventually, maybe Mizzou

It kills them to fire him, they'd look the other was as long as possible.

Look for Briles to end up somewhere I'm the SEC eventually, maybe Mizzou

I don't think anyone can justify hiring him, but then again it is the SEC

When he inevitably gets another job, expect to hear a lot of, "everyone deserves a second chance," at ESPN.

I don't think anyone can justify hiring him, but then again it is the SEC

I wouldn't put it past any SEC program to take a chance on him, but most SEC programs can take their pick of a number of coaches that won't bring that kind of baggage. It would have to be a program that's really been down.

I wouldn't put it past any SEC program to take a chance on him, but most SEC programs can take their pick of a number of coaches that won't bring that kind of baggage. It would have to be a program that's really been down.

there aren't any jobs open now but it's likely to be a lower level SEC team. Ole Miss and Mississippi state have been good recently but if they fire their coaches after a down year, look for Briles to be a replacement. I wouldn't put it past LSU either

if most SEC programs can get anyone they want, then why did Arkansas end up with Bret Bilemma replacing John L Smith? I'm just messing with you, here but there really are only a small handful of SEC teams that have that kind of power - and even they are limited in who they can get because they can only draw from the pool of scumbags who are willing to break any rule that makes it hard for them to recruit and keep kids eligible to play.

if most SEC programs can get anyone they want, then why did Arkansas end up with Bret Bilemma replacing John L Smith? I'm just messing with you, here but there really are only a small handful of SEC teams that have that kind of power - and even they are limited in who they can get because they can only draw from the pool of scumbags who are willing to break any rule that makes it hard for them to recruit and keep kids eligible to play.

Point taken. And I guess the only down program I can think of that made a big hire was when South Carolina hired Spurrier. But I think most SEC programs would still probably be more willing and able to hire the most sought after assistant (Will Muschamp, Dan Mullen) or non power 5 success (Butch Jones) before they have resort to someone like Briles.

That said, someone probably still will anyway in a couple of years.

Last edited:
Back