Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Colts dump Gosder

The Lions have a rougher road year to year to make the playoffs than the Colts do. The Lions have to play GB, Chi and Minn in their division while the Colts gets Tenn, Jax and Houston. The colts can be half a sleep and get to 6 wins.

The Colts are in the biggest joke of a conference in football. How can they not make the playoffs?

Simple way to defeat LKP...So you are saying Stafford had above average to great protection from the RT position for most of his career?

If you were smart (and you're not), you would know that Stafford has had TERRIBLE OLine play since Day 1. ONE good year from his OLine back in 2013. Cherilus has been a decent RT for most of his career anyways. But of course that's why it's ALL on Stafford, right? That's what you're insinuating i assume?

If you were smart (and you're not), you would know that Stafford has had TERRIBLE OLine play since Day 1. ONE good year from his OLine back in 2013. Cherilus has been a decent RT for most of his career anyways. But of course that's why it's ALL on Stafford, right? That's what you're insinuating i assume?

Nope I was insinuating LKP is wildly inconsistent on how he rates players depending on his current "point"

Simple way to defeat LKP...So you are saying Stafford had above average to great protection from the RT position for most of his career?

When healthy, yes. RT hasn't been healthy the last 2 years with Waddle's and Hilliard's injuries.

2009 rookie typcial rookie issues on a Millen rebuild, 2010 didn't play.

2011 yes. 41 TDs, 5,000 yards

2012 the problem was interior protection (mainly Peterman) and no run support, or defensive support and many weapon injuries (Burleson 9, Young 6, Broyles 5, Best 16 and Pettigrew 4).

Game. Set. Match. LKP wins.

Nope I was insinuating LKP is wildly inconsistent on how he rates players depending on his current "point"

I'm not inconsistent. I'm very consistent. Gosder was good especially 2011/2012. I gave you the reasons above things didn't work for Stafford in 2009, 2010 and 2012.
2009 rookie Stafford, 2010 didn't play, 2012 Peterman problems and weapon injuries. 2013 injuries to RT.

Last edited:
You think Gosder Cherlius was consistent. So yeah, I can see why you would think you're consistent.

Last edited:
You think Gosder Cherlius was consistent. So yeah, I can see why you would think you're consistent.

The game tape grades don't lie for tackles. Why did the Colts give him so much money. Answer that.

Last edited:
QB is too complicated to grade. Tackles are simple.

What changed since 2013..when PFF was great at grading QBs?

Regardless you are still going on the opinion of some guys that aren't good enough to get a NFL Job. So you are relying on bloggers to tell you who is good.

For the record I never said Gosder was bad. At the right price he would be a fine pickup. I have a feeling he will still want starter's money. He can't get that here.

What changed since 2013..when PFF was great at grading QBs?

Regardless you are still going on the opinion of some guys that aren't good enough to get a NFL Job. So you are relying on bloggers to tell you who is good.

For the record I never said Gosder was bad. At the right price he would be a fine pickup. I have a feeling he will still want starter's money. He can't get that here.

I'm going on my opinion too. I watched plenty of Gosder over the 5 seasons. He was a good tackle and got better over time. 2011 and 2012 was very good. And the Colts gave him a big pay day because of that.

Stafford did many things well in 2013. He played well. He played outstanding in 2014. Elite in 2011. Solid in 2012. Stafford has never been average or bad.

The good news is Waddle is better and much cheaper. And now Gosder should be cheap too. Would be a bargain to get him back.

You can judge him based on being inconsistent in 2008/2009 all you want. He was much younger then on bad teams. It's dumb of you to say Gosder is garbage. 2011-2013 proved he wasn't garbage and he's more experienced than the early inconsistent Goz.

Get him on the team cheap which upgrades the 3rd or 4th tackle.

Last edited:
The game tape grades don't lie for tackles. Why did the Colts give him so much money. Answer that.

And why did they cut him after two years? And yet you want him back..regardless the reason he was let go.

If he was let go because of injuries, LKP will say he's healthy now. If he was let go because he wasn't good, LKP says it's because he was injured.

Does anyone ever suck because they're not any good?

I'm going on my opinion too. I watched plenty of Gosder over the 5 seasons. He was a good tackle and got better over time. 2011 and 2012 was very good. And the Colts gave him a big pay day because of that.

Stafford did many things well in 2013. He played well. He played outstanding in 2014. Elite in 2011. Solid in 2012. Stafford has never been average or bad.

The good news is Waddle is better and much cheaper. And now Gosder should be cheap too. Would be a bargain to get him back.

You can judge him based on being inconsistent in 2008/2009 all you want. He was much younger then on bad teams. It's dumb of you to say Gosder is garbage. 2011-2013 proved he wasn't garbage and he's more experienced than the early inconsistent Goz.

Get him on the team cheap which upgrades the 3rd or 4th tackle.

Where did I say he was garbage?

He was cut because he was hurt, cap reasons and they found another RT they like who is cheaper. This doesn't mean Gosder sucks. He did a good job every season but 2014. And 2014 COULD be due to injuries.

If Detroit signs him, he can play well for us but he won't start over a healthy Waddle.

Injury, cap, and they found a cheap rt. not because he sucks

He sucks. Everyone that played for us that was let go is injured? Are you that dumb? That's rhetorical. We already know the answer.

He sucks. Everyone that played for us that was let go is injured? Are you that dumb? That's rhetorical. We already know the answer.

Not all were injured. You are making stuff up

Gosder wasn't but is now

Last edited:
He was cut because he was hurt, cap reasons and they found another RT they like who is cheaper.

Actually they are moving a guard to tackle he's never played RT in the NFL. That's how much faith they had in Gosder.

Back