Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Delton Williams suspended

Driving drunk is not allowed on campus, underage drinking isn't, smoking weed isn't either. Come on now. It's not like Dantonio is keeping Delton around because we absolutely need him. The backfield is more than capable without him.

Driving drunk is not allowed on campus, underage drinking isn't, smoking weed isn't either. Come on now. It's not like Dantonio is keeping Delton around because we absolutely need him. The backfield is more than capable without him.
Enough with the excuses, this is a different kind off offense than the typical knucklehead stuff that college kids do like get drunk, smoke weed, maybe get in a fight, typical dumb shit. This shows a lack of judgment that I don't think you should come back from, at least not at msu. Fresh start with another program would be my choice.

He had a permit for the gun. I think it was blown out of proportion. Is flashing your gun a smart choice of course not! But in my opinion driving drunk is a much worse offense. You kick him off the team and he may very well go down the wrong path, let him graduate from MSU and hope he makes something out of himself.

"Flashing" a gun is called brandishing. Brandishing a weapon is an offense. Permitted guns are to be holstered. Nobody should ever brandish a weapon. It should never be unholstered unless the intent is to use it. Kick him off. With or without him MSU is a top five team. Second in the B1G East but top five nationally.

Hopefully he's suspended for a year, give him a red shirt year as probation, if he doesn't screw up then let him back. I think he should be kicked off but at least 1 year

He lost his scholarship for this year. He's paying his own way and will rejoin the team in mid August. No word on games he will miss.

I agree with sbee, he should be kicked off the team, if they actually let him play this year that is absolute bullshit

I am one of the ones that didn't want him back. He did release a pretty good statement and took responsibility. I hope his second chance doesn't come back to bite the program later.

The kid should be off the team - maybe let him stay in school but he shouldn't play football at MSU. This wasn't a fight or an alcohol related arrest. This hurts Dantonio's, Hollis', and the program's credibility.

Last edited:
He lost his scholarship for this year. He's paying his own way and will rejoin the team in mid August. No word on games he will miss.

that was reported in the detroit news, i wonder what the details are? you can be off scholarship but your tuition bill isn't due until the end of the semester. they could put him back on in december and he wouldn't owe anything. if he paid his own way and missed a year i'd be ok with that too, that's a serious punishment.

Best case scenario is that he keeps out of trouble and plays well and it's a good second chance success story but I still think it should happen somewhere other than MSU, too much risk involved. I thought Pitt would be a logical destination because of proximity and the new coaching staff there.

MD said at media days yesterday that Williams has a chance to get his scholarship back but not for a year so Williams will have to pay his own way. He might qualify for some aid but that's significant at least. not rationalizing this, just clarifying.

MD said at media days yesterday that Williams has a chance to get his scholarship back but not for a year so Williams will have to pay his own way. He might qualify for some aid but that's significant at least. not rationalizing this, just clarifying.

Also said he's missed a lot of time and is way behind the other backs, I see a red shirt this season and then he'll have 2 years left.

Also said he's missed a lot of time and is way behind the other backs, I see a red shirt this season and then he'll have 2 years left.

no spring practice, no conditioning, etc. it will be a while until he can really contribute to the team.

was there any mention of an actual or potential suspension as punishment? I haven't seen anything from media day. From these posts it sounds like he's lost his scholarship for at least a year but it sounds like the reason he's not playing is because he's not ready - not that he's out for punitive reasons.

Last edited:
Back