Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Soria traded to Pittsburgh

possibly Adrian Sampson. I hope it's someone better than him. We gave up a lot more than that to get Soria.

A closer for a 2 month rental..honestly I was never expecting much. I figured we get good for Price and Cespedes but Soria, not so much.

Guess we'll find out who we got sometime after the season? This is retarded.

Last edited:
possibly Adrian Sampson. I hope it's someone better than him. We gave up a lot more than that to get Soria.

Like with Price, we traded for a guy that still had a year left on his deal. Not just for 2 months. Of course we would give up more.

Like with Price, we traded for a guy that still had a year left on his deal. Not just for 2 months. Of course we would give up more.

Not just more. a LOT more. One of those players was just used in the Hamels deal.

Tigers will get Double-A SS/OF JaCoby Jones from #Pirates for Jaokim Soria.

Outstanding athlete. Questions on bat: #Tigers will get Double-A SS/OF JaCoby Jones from #Pirates for Soria.

Jacoby Jones: 23 years old. .260/.319.398 10 HR, 60 RBI, 50 runs.

SS Jacoby Jones, whom the #Tigers will reportedly receive for closer Joakim Soria, was the Pirates' 12th-best prospect, per MLB Pipeline.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLMnEYbWwAARwef.jpg
Story on JaCoby Jones.

Getting JaCoby Jones for Soria is solid; tooled up athlete can really run, plenty of pop, likely CF rather than SS; lots of seeing and miss.
Mark from TigsTown

Jones immediately jumps into #Tigers top ten prospects, just like the other three acquired today.

JaCoby Jones is the kind of player you get for two months of a reliever in a down year. Some potential, but long way to go.
nedtb

http://m.milb.com/news/article/2014081489417046/
SAL notes: Jones' skills shining through
Power shortstop starting to meet high expectations in second half. August 2014.
milb.com

Last edited:

Outstanding athlete. Questions on bat: #Tigers will get Double-A SS/OF JaCoby Jones from #Pirates for Soria.

I like on his minor league page, Positions: Shortstop, Center Fielder and Designated Hitter.

Sounds like he has some speed and power too. Could turn out to be a good bench player in the future. Not a bad pickup

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Jacoby Jones: 23 years old. .260/.319.398 10 HR, 60 RBI, 50 runs.

SS Jacoby Jones, whom the #Tigers will reportedly receive for closer Joakim Soria, was the Pirates' 12th-best prospect, per MLB Pipeline.

That's not bad.. but what use do we have for a SS? If his bat is questionable, moving him to 3rd base would be stupid. Maybe move him to 2nd. Who knows. A pitcher would have been a better get.

That's not bad.. but what use do we have for a SS? If his bat is questionable, moving him to 3rd base would be stupid. Maybe move him to 2nd. Who knows. A pitcher would have been a better get.

Maybe CF?

Can't be upset with this. We need some position players even if just bench.

Back