Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Vegan 2016 The Film

The thing that makes it crazy bob is how you rant about how vegans are being suppressed, and we're being lied to by the government and FDA.

Vegans are annoying not because they choose to eat non animal foods, but because they constantly try to tell everyone else how wrong they are for eating meat/dairy/fish, etc.

And BTW I don't need the FDA or the government or the beef industry to tell me I should eat meat, I can use science and evolutional evidence: humans are omnivores, meaning we evolved to eat both meat and plant based foods. We have canine teeth which are for tearing, shredding, and eating meat. We as a species were hunters long before we were farmers, and the smell of cooking meat releases positive endorphins, makes our mouths water, and we get hungry. And on top of that, the overwhelming majority of us find meat delicious.

To counter the original thread concept, I don;t really see vegans as attacked or suppressed people nearly as much as they want to do the same to others that dont share their views. And PETA and the ASPCA spend quite a lot of money to tell us how cruel we are just for being humans.

The thing that makes it crazy bob is how you rant about how vegans are being suppressed, and we're being lied to by the government and FDA.

Vegans are annoying not because they choose to eat non animal foods, but because they constantly try to tell everyone else how wrong they are for eating meat/dairy/fish, etc.

And BTW I don't need the FDA or the government or the beef industry to tell me I should eat meat, I can use science and evolutional evidence: humans are omnivores, meaning we evolved to eat both meat and plant based foods. We have canine teeth which are for tearing, shredding, and eating meat. We as a species were hunters long before we were farmers, and the smell of cooking meat releases positive endorphins, makes our mouths water, and we get hungry. And on top of that, the overwhelming majority of us find meat delicious.

To counter the original thread concept, I don't really see vegans as attacked or suppressed people nearly as much as they want to do the same to others that dont share their views. And PETA and the ASPCA spend quite a lot of money to tell us how cruel we are just for being humans.

It's Just information I could give a rats ass what you fucking eat. Humans do not need meat to survive , and just because we were killers back in the day does not mean we cannot evolve. Its when we start to clear cut the world for absolute greed and consumption when its unneeded that we should take a look at the whole process. But blind eye people only give a shit about what feels good for them. It is deplorable how we treat the animal's that people consume. BTW all ways the animals are killed is inhuman so I guess those organizations are doing a good job and the word is getting out. The pollution this industry is causing is staggering and we just stand by and let it happened. I guess you do not need any videos from inside the slaughter pens.. its not pretty.

No, I don't need to see the videos. When I was younger I worked in a slaughterhouse/butchershop owned by a neighbor, I have not only seen how cattle, pigs, and other stuff are killed, I have done it myself. I have no guilt. Guess it comes from being the top of the food chain.

No, I don't need to see the videos. When I was younger I worked in a slaughterhouse/butchershop owned by a neighbor, I have not only seen how cattle, pigs, and other stuff are killed, I have done it myself. I have no guilt. Guess it comes from being the top of the food chain.

Yup us Gluttonous Americans eating crap we do not need, and killing the planet in the process. Top of the food chain better wake up before all of the coral reefs, rainforests, and water is all used up and dead. Never to late to change its just Americans and people in general have no courage to do so.

Obesity in America. Yup its a epidemic!!!!

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...+in+america&qpvt=obesety+in+america&FORM=IGRE

Yup us Gluttonous Americans eating crap we do not need, and killing the planet in the process. Top of the food chain better wake up before all of the coral reefs, rainforests, and water is all used up and dead. Never to late to change its just Americans and people in general have no courage to do so.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...+in+america&qpvt=obesety+in+america&FORM=IGRE

Bob I like you but you are really funny. You say you've been a vegan for a year? You are about my age right? Sort of pushing 60?

So all for one of the better part of 60 years, you've been the same gluttonous American, rain forest killing coral reef devouring climate changing heartless monster that you're now up on pulpit ranting at everybody else being about, one short year later.

I sort of am coming to think the only thing that makes you happy is bitching about shit..I sort of think the only thing that makes you happy is bitching about shit.

Oh and by the way-do you remember how on the last day of the American league regular season maybe six years ago or so, the California angels didn't start Tori Hunter or Bobby Abreiu on the last game of the regular season against the Texas rangers?

That shit there, that cost the Detroit Tigers the World Series Champion that year.

I don't understand what the coral reefs have to do with this, and if we all ate plant based food not animal, we would use up water faster due to irrigation.

Last edited:
Bob I like you but you are really funny. You say you've been a vegan for a year? You are about my age right? Sort of pushing 60?

So all for one of the better part of 60 years, you've been the same gluttonous American, rain forest killing coral reef devouring climate changing heartless monster that you're now up on pulpit ranting at everybody else being about, one short year later.

I sort of am coming to think the only thing that makes you happy is bitching about shit..I sort of think the only thing that makes you happy is bitching about shit.

Oh and by the way-do you remember how on the last day of the American league regular season maybe six years ago or so, the California angels didn't start Tori Hunter or Bobby Abreiu on the last game of the regular season against the Texas rangers?

That shit there, that cost the Detroit Tigers the World Series Champion that year.

55 so what . I finally received proper information about daily requirements on nutrition. Something my parents never had. Where have you been I have been as I have yapping about deforestatiztion and global warming for years on this board.
On food it's only been 1.5 years. I know you trying to be funny at the end of your post but I really do not appreciate what you just posted above. What you are basically saying is its ok to keep doing what your doing even though it's bad for future generations. Change is hard.

Seems like a cult to me, like Scientology.

Scientology is cult, and is the scam all scams. I just want to save planet earth not planet Zorg made up by a idoit Sfy writer L.Ron Hubbard. Watch Leah Remini's as she is exposing the dark side of Scientology.,and maybe you will be able to tell the difference but I doubt it.

55 so what . I finally received proper information about daily requirements on nutrition. Something my parents never had. Where have you been I have been as I have yapping about deforestatiztion and global warming for years on this board.
On food it's only been 1.5 years. I know you trying to be funny at the end of your post but I really do not appreciate what you just posted above. What you are basically saying is its ok to keep doing what your doing even though it's bad for future generations. Change is hard.

You don't have to appreciate it. You're coming off as preachy and condescending. You sound like a born again Christian who was out drinking and fucking all his life up until yesterday, and all of a sudden, you're telling me that if I don't stop drinking and fucking and if I don't embrace Jesus Christ as my own Lord and personal savior, I'm gonna go straight to hell.

Well, I don't appreciate that.

I guess we don't have to appreciate each other on this topic.

I don't understand what the coral reefs have to do with this, and if we all ate plant based food not animal, we would use up water faster due to irrigation.

I see you skipped the Obesity in America part.

I'm not so sure you are right as it takes alot of water to make meat. All the meats use the most water, and you also need to consider the enivormrntal impact of the waste from the meat industry and compared it to the impact of the agriculture waste as it is not even close who does more harm.

Water Use.
http://waterfootprint.org/en/water-...int/water-footprint-crop-and-animal-products/

http://www.onegreenplanet.org/animalsandnature/eat-for-the-planet-meat-and-the-environment/

Scientology is cult, and is the scam all scams. I just want to save planet earth not planet Zorg made up by a idoit Sfy writer L.Ron Hubbard. Watch Leah Remini's as she is exposing the dark side of Scientology.,and maybe you will be able to tell the difference but I doubt it.

Now was an insult necessary?

On paper, being a vegan might make sense. However, I love a good steak or hamburger.

On paper, being a vegan might make sense. However, I love a good steak or hamburger.

It's a hassle for me to post the link right now; anyone who wants to can look it up them self. In the book "Eat for Your Type," a doctor-I forget his name-writes that different types of diets and exercise regimens are the most helpful depending on what blood type. Some blood types are better off with more amounts of animal products and some blood types are better off with less.

It isn't one size fits all, as the vegan police would have you believe.

I'm not so sure you are right as it takes alot of water to make meat. All the meats use the most water, and you also need to consider the enivormrntal impact of the waste from the meat industry and compared it to the impact of the agriculture waste as it is not even close who does more harm.

Water Use.
http://waterfootprint.org/en/water-...int/water-footprint-crop-and-animal-products/

http://www.onegreenplanet.org/animalsandnature/eat-for-the-planet-meat-and-the-environment/

I skipped the obesity part because it's dumb. People get obese from eating too much of anything and not taking care to exercise. People were meat eaters since the dawn of man, so don't come in with a revelation that it's now the reason were getting fat.

The water part if hard to tell because your sources are pretty biased. But I can say this, I live in farm country. I have never seen any farmer who raised livestock need to drill 4-6 extra wells to water his animals. Yet they do it all the time to put in giant sprinkler arms on wheels to do a few acres of soybeans or corn. When they talk about the water tables lowering in my area they are not talking about the guys raising beef, pigs, or chickens. Also waste products from animals are nearly 100% biodegradable, can you say the same for the pesticides and herbicides used to grow crops?

And while you pointed out I skipped the obesity part (which I now addressed) you still haven't explained what the fuck it has to do with coral reefs.

I thought we wanted to use up the water, so that when the polar ice caps melt and collapse from the global warming and shit, there would be room in the ocean for that, and Miami and Amsterdam wouldn't get submerged and all that.

Also, the coral reefs wouldn't get drowned, or crushed by the weight of the collapsing polar ice caps coming down on top of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUVRVK1oUzI

EDIT: That shit right there...that would really fuck up the coral reefs that were underneath them...and the snorkelers who were diving down there to see those reefs...?

Fuggetaboutit!!!

Hopefully those snorkelers would have at least been KKK, Nazi, and light tipping billionaire demonic non-vegans, anyway...

Maybe the Koch Brothers, but that's probably too much to ask.

This may be a little bit of a thread jack...but does anybody besides me think that George Soros probably tips shittier than the Koch Brothers?

Maybe this subject deserves its own thread.

Last edited:

Water Use.

This makes sense. You have to feed animals a lot of plant material to create meat. Whatever it is you're measuring, calories, protein...whatever, you can't feed 1 unit to an animal and get 2 units out, in plants vs. meats, plants will win every time.

This makes sense. You have to feed animals a lot of plant material to create meat. Whatever it is you're measuring, calories, protein...whatever, you can't feed 1 unit to an animal and get 2 units out, in plants vs. meats, plants will win every time.

I think there is a chart somewhere on the cost in water by gallons for fast food burgers and stuff. I will have to look for it. It's alot.

You'd think that Planet Vegan would have big spaceships to hover over Earth and force us to eat turnips and sprouts with a side of mashed yeast. (yes I stole that)

As for me, I eat meat, chicken and fish that's grass-fed and free-range. Especially the fish. They taste better with a grass diet.

Last edited:
You'd think that Planet Vegan would have big spaceships to hover over Earth and force us to eat turnips and sprouts with a side of mashed yeast. (yes I stole that)

As for me, I eat meat, chicken and fish that's grass-fed and free-range. Especially the fish. They taste better with a grass diet.

I've heard grass-fed used to be the common, cheaper stuff. People didn't like it as much. I don't know how you describe the flavor, but you know that flavor you get in wild game? To me it tastes like just a little bit of that.

I think if I ate all grass fed, grain fed would taste better to me and vice versa. I just like the variety. I appreciate the local grass fed stuff for providing (I think) more humane lives to their livestock.

Back