Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The official 2018 nfl draft thread

Barkley is the definition of a BUST . I woulda thought most of you followed the big ten and his games , no ? Hes a good RB , hes not the next coming of Barry Sanders or even nearly as good as a Elliot geesh lol . Dude had a few GREAT games so everyone is on his nuts .

Barkley is the definition of a BUST . I woulda thought most of you followed the big ten and his games , no ? Hes a good RB , hes not the next coming of Barry Sanders or even nearly as good as a Elliot geesh lol . Dude had a few GREAT games so everyone is on his nuts .

You sure about that? Barkley is a little bit bigger ran faster jumped higher and has been talked about as the #1 overall pick/player in the draft.... Did you hear any of that buzz on Zeek coming out? Didn't think so...

Last edited:

While I think bust is a bit strong, I don't disagree with you that he seems to be overhyped. Completely disappeared in a few games this year, not the type of performances a superstar puts out.

Barkley is a game changer. Penn State blocking was atrocious and he still put up huge numbers. Plus he's a great receiver. He can run a go route and beat corners.

Barkley is better than Elliot

While I think bust is a bit strong, I don't disagree with you that he seems to be overhyped. Completely disappeared in a few games this year, not the type of performances a superstar puts out.

So.....Barry Sanders wasn't a superstar?

Jets moved up from 6 to 3 and the Colts got 3 second round picks for this draft. Nice.

Jets moved up from 6 to 3 and the Colts got 3 second round picks for this draft. Nice.

Seems like a good move for the Colts. As for the Jets...it doesn't make sense to me because you have no guarantee the QB or player you want will be there at #3 a month and half before the draft begins. Seems to me you would definitely have a specific player in mind if you are moving up in the draft...not just moving up to say we're good with whoever is sitting there at #3. That seems like a lazy, unfocused way to build a team. There's too much time on the clock to make this trade now. What if the guy you really want blows out a knee or gets fucked up in a car accident or rapes some chick before the draft? Seems like the type of trade you'd do on draft day....not mid march.

Seems like a good move for the Colts. As for the Jets...it doesn't make sense to me because you have no guarantee the QB or player you want will be there at #3 a month and half before the draft begins. Seems to me you would definitely have a specific player in mind if you are moving up in the draft...not just moving up to say we're good with whoever is sitting there at #3. That seems like a lazy, unfocused way to build a team. There's too much time on the clock to make this trade now. What if the guy you really want blows out a knee or gets fucked up in a car accident or rapes some chick before the draft? Seems like the type of trade you'd do on draft day....not mid march.

Especially because the Jets are not hole-less and they could use those 3 second round picks.. And the Colts still pick 6, big win for them.

colts probably called the jets and told them the bills were trying to move up. If you're the jets you don't let your inter division rival jump you for the qb you want.

And if you're the colts you have the choice of 2 number 1s or the 6th pick and 3 number 2s. Win win.

Not really... unless they cut like 2 - 3 guys. Blount, riddick, abdullah, green, zenner, Washington and draft pick.... smart.

You should put a comment on Mlive to the guy who wrote the article, Nate Adkins. He is on twitter as well.

Back