Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2018 Free Agency

LKP

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2018...to-play-no-retirement-return-to-detroit-lions

Ngata wants to come back to lions. 34 years old next season

Detroit 8th most cap space at 49.5 million.

Ansah, ngata, whitehead, Swanson, Lawson, Darren fells,, Tavon Wilson biggest lions free agents

Dj Hayden, Paul Worrilow, freeney, nick bellore, mulhbach, Jordan hill, Don Carey, Greg Robinson, Tj Jones rfa, Zenner rfa, some others

Kerry hyder, Jake rudock, billingsley erfa

17 mil to tag ansah

Last edited:
Would like to see TJ back. Strong receiver group with him and a healthy Y2Golladay.

Ansah tag, ngata one year deal, Lawson for depth, whitehead at right price, muhlbach, tj jones back on rfa original round tender

Swanson gone due to concussions and regression so need a new lg unless Dahl steps up

Don Carey as gunner back

Fells two year deal

Let Wilson walk with Diggs playing well at ss. Maybe depth at right -rice since Killebrew struggled

Hayden gone unless min deal. Bellore min deal special teams. Hill min deal why not

Sign hyder, jace and Rudock to simple cheap erfa deals

Last edited:
https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2018...to-play-no-retirement-return-to-detroit-lions

Ngata wants to come back to lions. 34 years old next season

Detroit 8th most cap space at 49.5 million.

Ansah, ngata, whitehead, Swanson, Lawson, Darren fells,, Tavon Wilson biggest lions free agents

Dj Hayden, Paul Worrilow, freeney, nick bellore, mulhbach, Jordan hill, Don Carey, Greg Robinson, Tj Jones rfa, Zenner rfa, some others

Kerry hyder, Jake rudock, billingsley erfa

17 mil to tag ansah

Gotta bring back Hyder. Ansah tagged scares the fuck outta me but at least we have the loot....show me contract? Ok.

I would like to see Fells, TJ Jones, Rudock at least back. Probably Whitehead too...he's cheap.

The more I think about it, the tag for Ansah makes sense. We have seen the talent from him in the past but the past few seasons have been disappointing. Give him a one year prove it wasn't a fluke deal.

Gotta bring back Hyder. Ansah tagged scares the fuck outta me but at least we have the loot....show me contract? Ok.

I would like to see Fells, TJ Jones, Rudock at least back. Probably Whitehead too...he's cheap.

I want a de bad in the 1st rd but roquan Smith would look so fucking good next to jarrad Davis. At that point i wouldn't care what we did with whitehead but if we did resign him we'd quickly have one of the best young lb groups in the nfl.

I want a de bad in the 1st rd but roquan Smith would look so fucking good next to jarrad Davis. At that point i wouldn't care what we did with whitehead but if we did resign him we'd quickly have one of the best young lb groups in the nfl.

Reeves Marin showed cover skills. De/dt much higher need even with Ansah back. Hyder a huge injury with Achilles and Washington didn't show enough. Zettel fizzled down stretch

De free agency is weak too. Depends how deep de is. Hope to find carl Lawson like Cincy did on day 2

De, dt and rb but bpa could be a lb or cb. Cb a need if moving on from Lawson and Diggs moving to ss

Reeves Marin showed cover skills. De/dt much higher need even with Ansah back. Hyder a huge injury with Achilles and Washington didn't show enough. Zettel fizzled down stretch

De free agency is weak too. Depends how deep de is. Hope to find carl Lawson like Cincy did on day 2

De, dt and rb but bpa could be a lb or cb. Cb a need if moving on from Lawson and Diggs moving to ss

Tabor and resign Lawson. Tabor #2 and demote Lawson to dime.

Lions had beat deep passing in league

Marvin Jones had most ypc

Golladay a deep threat too

I was being facetious. Guess it didn't translate to text.

I agree that they went downfield much more than last season.

Golladay will open it up...I've changed my mind in regards to wr... we're good there until Jones or Tate are gone.

Golladay will open it up...I've changed my mind in regards to wr... we're good there until Jones or Tate are gone.

You pretty much had two with two 1000 yard WRs. Jones had 1100 on way less targets than most WRs who get 1100. Really great ypc. 9 tds. Tate a yac and missed tackle mission. Golladay showed good things as rookie even after missing many games

Always can use depth and tj jones is restricted free agent. Can bring him back

De, dt, cb, rb bigger priorities. Olb if whitehead leaves

http://www.detroitlionspodcast.com/...ions-free-agent-targets-guard-andrew-norwell/
Looking At Possible Detroit Lions Free Agent Targets: Guard Andrew Norwell.
DLP

Signing Andrew Norwell should be to top priority in free agency for the Lions. Signing Norwell and letting Travis Swanson leave in free agency would make the Lions offensive line look like Taylor Decker at left tackle, Andrew Norwell at left guard, Graham Glasgow at center, TJ Lang at right guard and Rick Wagner at right tackle. On paper, that is a top offensive line in the league.

The more I think about it, the tag for Ansah makes sense. We have seen the talent from him in the past but the past few seasons have been disappointing. Give him a one year prove it wasn't a fluke deal.

I don't like the idea of tagging him. This was his prove it year and he disappeared for most of the season. Had a few big games against some of the worst LT's in the game.

I don't like the idea of tagging him. This was his prove it year and he disappeared for most of the season. Had a few big games against some of the worst LT's in the game.

Their options aren?t very good unfortunately, they may have to tag him. Otherwise they have to roll the dice on a free agent (not a good selection this year) or go with a rookie, I don?t think either provides an immediate upgrade.

The tag is nice because it?s only a one year commitment, they can evaluate how he does next season (while hopefully healthier), then let him go if he?s not worth it.

The only bad move IMO would be re-signing him to a big multi-year contract.

Back