Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Verlander traded to Houston, TJ Surgery, Wins 2 WS, Wins 3rd Cy Young Now a Met

9th time with 200 K's in a season. One of just 7. Others Nolan Ryan (15), Randy Johnson (13), Roger Clemens (12), Tom Seaver (10), Pedro Mart?nez (9), and Bob Gibson (9). Very good company.

I thought you didn't care what ex Tigers are doing ;)

As far as what they do on a daily basis I don't. But those special moments that gets JV closer to the hall because he'll wear the English D.

Another WS ring & CY and he goes in as an Astro, in my opinion.

Another WS ring & CY and he goes in as an Astro, in my opinion.

He'll have played more seasons by quite a bit with Detroit. Won a ROY here, Cy here (also 2 seconds) plus an MVP. Also more wins.. 2 of his no hitters etc.. plus he seems to like the fan base here. A couple WS titles with Houston won't change that.

Last edited:
Gotta admit I'm somewhat bitter about Verlander. My problem, and I'll own it. I would not be surprised to see him go in the Hall as an Astro.

He'll have played more seasons by quite a bit with Detroit. Won a ROY here, Cy here (also 2 seconds) plus an MVP. Also more wins.. 2 of his no hitters etc.. plus he seems to like the fan base here. A couple WS titles with Houston won't change that.

He could easily pitch 6+ more years. That would only put him at 42. No telling where it will be. But if it's all with Houston, I wouldn't be so sure about your statement.

He could easily pitch 6+ more years. That would only put him at 42. No telling where it will be. But if it's all with Houston, I wouldn't be so sure about your statement.

Like I said, right now with another Cy and maybe WS he goes as a Tiger. I didn't say it couldn't change. And then it all depends on how he pitches in those 6+ years.

Last edited:
Like I said, right now with another Cy and maybe WS he goes as a Tiger. I didn't say it couldn't change. And then it all depends on how he pitches in those 6+ years.

I'm not trying to argue but you literally said "A couple WS titles with Houston won't change that."

By the way JV is 0-4 in WS appearances.

Last edited:
Also 183 wins for Detroit. No way he matches that. Almost 2100 more IP in Detroit.

Last edited:
I forgot that in his short stink in 2005 JV wore the number 59. Todd Jones wore 59 in 2006, getting his old number back. I guess that's why JV switched to 35. Interesting tidbit for the day.

Last edited:
Ron Leflore wore #42 his first season. Kaline wore #25. Horton #48. McLain #34. Freehan #19. And Cobb never changed numbers.

that very well could happen. 2 WS titles and a Cy with Houston > 2 Cy and no titles with Detroit.

Don't wins count? Stats like K's? I think you guys are reaching. 13 years to 2+. Maybe he plays another 8 years there but that's just a guess. I think you're just trolling now.

Last edited:
Don't wins count? Stats like K's? I think you guys are reaching. 13 years to 2+. Maybe he plays another 8 years there but that's just a guess. I think you're just trolling now.

you are probably right. He would have to pitch like he is this year 5 more years for Houston for him to go in with them. That is VERY unlikely.

Back