Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2017 Playoffs - Astros electronic sign stealing - Now Astros fire Luhnow and Hinch

Man I wish the Tigers were young and fun like the Astros and Dodgers .

Last edited:
Why on earth would Jansen have come back inside on that pitch that hit McCann?

I just re-watched the six pitch sequence to Brian McCann several times.

McCann came to the plate with two outs.

Three of the first pitches four were inside or on the inside part of the plate.

The count goes 2-2.

Pitch number five is also inside or on the inside part of the plate...McCann yanks it a long way foul.

Pitch number six hits him.

With two strikes.

And two outs.

How the fuck do you throw a pitch that could come anywhere close to hitting the batter in that situation?

Last edited:
I just re-watched the six pitch sequence to Brian McCann several times.

McCann came to the plate with two outs.

Three of the first pitches four were inside or on the inside part of the plate.

The count goes 2-2.

Pitch number five is also inside or on the inside part of the plate...McCann yanks it a long way foul.

Pitch number six hits him.

With two strikes.

And two outs.

How the fuck do you throw a pitch that could come anywhere close to hitting the batter in that situation?

Same reason you walk the lead off guy with a 3 run lead. Being dumb.

Same reason you walk the lead off guy with a 3 run lead. Being dumb.

Kershaw was on fire his first World Series start, then blew chunks tonight.

JV was not at his best his first start this World Series.

That probably won't happen again Tuesday.

Last night I saw that the Dodgers and Kershaw were up 4 - 0 and figured it was a Dodgers Win seeing that Kershaw had some incredible record of like 150 and 17 in games he had a 4 run lead, so I flipped the channel from Walking Dead to the Lions and back and went to bed...

Wake up to this wild score and game.
http://m.mlb.com/news/article/260033600/astros-beat-dodgers-in-wild-game-5-go-up-3-2/
Can't make this up! Astros earn insane Win.
MLB.com

Verlander can win it all on Tuesday.

Last edited:
JV gots a chance to get the WS that eluded him in Detroit. Man, I hope those prospects the Tigers got for him turn out to be really super good!

I hope JV gets his ring but I won't lose any sleep if he doesn't. He's with the Astros now. I usually don't root for teams who tanked for years and got many top draft picks..

http://www.mlive.com/sports/2017/10/that_epic_world_series_game_re.html#incart_river_index
That epic World Series game really aged Justin Verlander, just look at him.
Mlive

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.s...lander_world_series_1.html#incart_river_index
Justin Verlander can cap magical 2 months with World Series title Tuesday night.
Mlive

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/m...lander-world-series-houston-astros/812390001/
World Series 2017: Justin Verlander is about to pitch the biggest game of his life.
Mlive

The Astros won a wild 10-inning affair, 13-12, in Game 5 against the Los Angeles Dodgers to take a critical 3-2 World Series lead. Now the series turns back to Dodger Stadium and, while L.A. will have home-field advantage the rest of the way, the Astros will have Verlander.

And Verlander - despite surrendering two home runs in Game 2 of the World Series - has been money.

He went 5-0 with a 1.06 ERA in five regular-season starts since the Tigers traded him to Houston on Aug. 31.

He is 4-0 with a 2.05 ERA in five postseason starts in 2017 (and the fifth start, a no-decision, turned out to an Astros win, too).

In potentially series-clinching games, Verlander is 4-1 with a 1.21 ERA in five career starts.

So the temperature at the start of the game 6 tonight is expected to be 37 degrees cooler than the temperature at the start of game 1...

Go Astros!! One of the rare times I will root for the athlete over the team. JV will always be my favorite Tiger. If he clinches the WS tonight I will be ecstatic for him.

Go Astros!! One of the rare times I will root for the athlete over the team. JV will always be my favorite Tiger. If he clinches the WS tonight I will be ecstatic for him.

If the JV and the Astros were playing any other team except the Dodgers, I would be pulling for him all the way.

But he's not wearing the English D anymore.

So I gotta pull for the Dodgers.

That said, objectively, I expect the odds are JV will more likely than not be on his game, and more likely than not, get his first WS W and WS ring.

Not really rooting for jv but I am rooting for Houston who has never won a world series title .. Heck Dodgers have 5. Gotta pull for the zero.

Back