Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2017 Playoffs - Astros electronic sign stealing - Now Astros fire Luhnow and Hinch

The 0-2 pitch hit gets Max in all sorts of trouble... then the wheels fall off. Guy from second scores 6th run via a strikeout pass ball. Max should be pulled Dusty .

this is the play that was the turning point. The bat hit the catcher in the head on strike 3. Should have been a dead ball.

So fun to watch JV in the postseason again. I'm finding myself rooting for him just as hard as if he was still pitching for the Tigers.

So fun to watch JV in the postseason again. I'm finding myself rooting for him just as hard as if he was still pitching for the Tigers.

I know exactly what you mean. I have not missed a single start of his since being traded and it's awesome to watch him pitch with that defense behind him. He's a new pitcher. I haven't been this excited for baseball since 2013 post season.

I know exactly what you mean. I have not missed a single start of his since being traded and it's awesome to watch him pitch with that defense behind him. He's a new pitcher. I haven't been this excited for baseball since 2013 post season.

Yep case in point Redick just made a fantastic catch at the wall in RF, and then they throw out Gardner trying to stretch a double into a triple. Great defense.

1-1 going Bottom 8. JV 13 k's. Just struck out the side on some nasty pitches.

http://www.espn.com/blog/sweetspot/...nt-home-gives-astros-commanding-2-0-alcs-lead
Verlander's gem, Altuve's sprint home gives Astros commanding 2-0 ALCS lead.
espn

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/258573718/justin-verlander-silences-yanks-in-alcs-game-2/
Vintage Verlander goes distance in 13-K gem.
Ace Righty limits Yanks to 1 run, then Astros walk off for 2-0 ALCS lead.
MLB.com

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/yankees...nal,lock_state=final,game_tab=box,game=526498
Boxscore.

On the eve of his 18th career postseason start, Justin Verlander contemplated how he might have fared if he played in a bygone era when pitchers were permitted to throw 300 innings and finish what they started.

"I do often wonder how I would have been back then," Verlander said Friday.
"I think it would be a pretty cool time to play baseball."

Verlander turned in a vintage October performance that recalled the days of Sandy Koufax. He threw 124 pitches. He struck out 13 batters. He went nine innings.

Verlander became the first pitcher to throw a complete game with at least 13 strikeouts in the postseason since Tim Lincecum in 2010 and the first to do it against the Yankees since Bob Gibson in the 1964 World Series. It marked the sixth time in Verlander’s postseason career that he has thrown at least 120 pitches in a game.

Quite simply, Verlander dominated Game 2 of the American League Championship Series.

It marked just the sixth time an Astros starter had completed nine innings in postseason history, and the first time since Nolan Ryan In Game 5 of the 1986 NL Championship Series.

In the process, Verlander and Keuchel became the first pair of teammates to record double-digit strikeouts against the Yankees in the same postseason series.
They're the first pair of teammates to do so in consecutive games against any team since Verlander and Max Scherzer did so for the Tigers in the 2013 ALCS.

Verlander also extended his all-time record for postseason double-digit strikeout games to seven. Cliff Lee, Randy Johnson and Bob Gibson are tied for second with five apiece.

He has past Greg Maddux for seventh most in #postseason history with 126 overall.

Last edited:
Can't wait to watch JV K ~20 AAAA Tigers in a game next season.

Last edited:
Glad he is doing well bit it really is depressing. Better management and he could have ended his career with detroit with championships and titles . We just had shitty management that never really understood how to build a complete team sadly,

Back