Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2017 Playoffs - Astros electronic sign stealing - Now Astros fire Luhnow and Hinch

Glad he is doing well bit it really is depressing. Better management and he could have ended his career with detroit with championships and titles . We just had shitty management that never really understood how to build a complete team sadly,

I think we had a complete team.. At one time we had the best pitching rotation in MLB. Good hitting too. No one has top to bottom awesomeness. But getting to two world series means we had a well built team.

I think we had a complete team.. At one time we had the best pitching rotation in MLB. Good hitting too. No one has top to bottom awesomeness. But getting to two world series means we had a well built team.

2006 (WS Appearance)
Pitching 1st
Offense 2nd
Defense 2nd

Base Running 7th

Pitching 7th
Offense 7th
Defense 8th

Base Running 14th

2012 (WS Appearance)
Pitching 6th
Offense 6th
Defense 13th

Base Running 13th

Pitching 2nd
Offense 3rd
Defense 10th

Base Running 15th

Pitching 9th
Offense 2nd
Defense 13th

Base Running 14th

Pitching 15th
Offense 2nd
Defense 4th

Base Running 15th

Pitching 6th
Offense 3rd
Defense 13th

Base Running 14th

Pitching 14th
Offense 14th
Defense 12th

Base Running 15th

Defense and Base Running are huge in the playoffs. Except for 2006, DET has been one of the worst in the AL in both areas. Add to the fact our catchers have been consistently near the bottom at pitch framing and you wonder how the pitcher survived. Bad defense. Bad pitch framing. Bad Bull pen. If I were a DET starter, I would want to get the heck out of town.

The offense looks good. Until they get picked off on a dumb mistake or those constant GIDP. It is like the team that boasts being able to get into the red zone, but when they do, they get the crucial holding or personal foul pushing them back out to the 35 or 40. The offense racks up their stats while piling on, but has difficulty scratching out a key run late in a game. It is all smoke and mirrors.

Last edited:
I'll bet networks are loving these matchups!

Eastern Seaboard Preferential Network is loving it, the only thing better being the redsux vs wankers in the ALCS. 3 of the 4 cities get special exclusive treatment on its website, while the cities in the SE/South, NW, and Central/Mountain receive none whatsoever.

Last edited:
One of the best postseason starts I?ve seen in a long time, what a game. I?d love to see the TV ratings for Astros playoffs games in Michigan compare to the other 3 teams, especially on games where JV pitches. Cubs are probably quite high on the list as well given the Chicago fans in the SW part of the state.

2006 (WS Appearance)
Pitching 1st
Offense 2nd
Defense 2nd

Base Running 7th

Pitching 7th
Offense 7th
Defense 8th

Base Running 14th

2012 (WS Appearance)
Pitching 6th
Offense 6th
Defense 13th

Base Running 13th

Pitching 2nd
Offense 3rd
Defense 10th

Base Running 15th

Pitching 9th
Offense 2nd
Defense 13th

Base Running 14th

Pitching 15th
Offense 2nd
Defense 4th

Base Running 15th

Pitching 6th
Offense 3rd
Defense 13th

Base Running 14th

Pitching 14th
Offense 14th
Defense 12th

Base Running 15th

Defense and Base Running are huge in the playoffs. Except for 2006, DET has been one of the worst in the AL in both areas. Add to the fact our catchers have been consistently near the bottom at pitch framing and you wonder how the pitcher survived. Bad defense. Bad pitch framing. Bad Bull pen. If I were a DET starter, I would want to get the heck out of town.

The offense looks good. Until they get picked off on a dumb mistake or those constant GIDP. It is like the team that boasts being able to get into the red zone, but when they do, they get the crucial holding or personal foul pushing them back out to the 35 or 40. The offense racks up their stats while piling on, but has difficulty scratching out a key run late in a game. It is all smoke and mirrors.

Like I said well built team (2006). Houston didn't get good overnight.. They had to endure much. And in the past 11 years overall, they certainly have had more success than many many teams.

Eastern Seaboard Preferential Network is loving it, the only thing better being the redsux vs wankers in the ALCS. 3 of the 4 cities get special exclusive treatment on its website, while the cities in the SE/South, NW, and Central/Mountain receive none whatsoever.

why would ESPN care? They don't have the games

Dang Turner's Homer was 29 years to the day of Gibson's Homer . Baseball and all sports have some damn good amazing stats. With baseball leading the way.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/

Last edited:
Judge @TheJudge44
Sanchez @ElGarySanchez
You. both. suck. dirty scumbag sucker punching dirt bags. FuckOff.

Miggy said both Judge and Sanchez threw sucker punches at his back and throat while he was on the ground.

Miggy said both Judge and Sanchez threw sucker punches at his back and throat while he was on the ground.

gotcha. It's been a few months since the incident. I don't remember the part about Judge. All I remember is Sanchez trying to hit guys that were on the ground a few times.

The player that pissed me off the most is Betances. A few sucker punches in a brawl are expected and relatively harmless. But 100 MPH pitches to the head are potentially life threatening.

gotcha. It's been a few months since the incident. I don't remember the part about Judge. All I remember is Sanchez trying to hit guys that were on the ground a few times.

The player that pissed me off the most is Betances. A few sucker punches in a brawl are expected and relatively harmless. But 100 MPH pitches to the head are potentially life threatening.

Bettances and Kahnle from the fastballs to the head in July, iirc Mahtook and another 1 or 2 Tigers batters when they played and the August game we speak of.
What pissed me off even more was that those pitchers did not get any suspensions along with Judge for his part in the 3 brawls. FU Joe Torre.
Fuck the yankees.

Unfortunately, they won tonight and have won 19 of 22 at the band box in new york.

Verlander needs another big game in shutting down ny. Then a game 7.
Thing with the astros is their bullpen is Tigers bullpen 2.0
If it goes to a game 7, who will pitch for them? McCullers? and they stopped hitting these past 3 games. Hopefully playing in Houston will get them back on track.

Back