Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. angels 8-27-16 Game 129

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
TIGERS (career numbers vs. Oberholtzer).
Ian Kinsler, 2B (3-for-10, 2 doubles)
Cameron Maybin, CF
Miguel Cabrera, 1B (2-for-6, HR, K)
Victor Martinez, DH (1-for-5, walk)
J.D. Martinez, RF (0-for-6, 3 K’s)
Justin Upton, LF
Casey McGehee, 3B (0-for-0, walk)
James McCann, C
Jose Iglesias, SS
P: Michael Fulmer

ANGELS (numbers off Fulmer).
Kole Calhoun, RF (0-for-2, walk)
Mike Trout, CF (0-for-3, 2 K’s)
Albert Pujols, DH (0-for-1, K)
C.J. Cron, 1B (1-for-3)
Andrelton Simmons, SS
Jefry Marte, 3B (0-for-3, K)
Nick Buss, LF
Carlos Perez, C (0-for-2, walk)
Kaleb Cowart, 2B

For real this time: Jose Iglesias is off the disabled list and in the Tigers starting lineup at shortstop.
Iggy was in a 5-for-35 slump when he went on the DL a couple weeks ago, but he went 6-for-16 over his four-game rehab assignment. He has yet to face Brett Oberholtzer, who gets the start for the Angels tonight in place of Jhoulys Chacin.
Former Tiger Jefry Marte gets the start at third base, his first game action since last Saturday.
Those mid-afternoon storms that rolled into the area washed out batting practice at Comerica Park, but they’re expected to head out of town by game time.
JasonBeck'sTigersBlog

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2016/08/tigers_angels.html#incart_river_index
Detroit Tigers Gameday: Will Michael Fulmer keep the win streak alive?
Mlive

http://www.blessyouboys.com/2016/8/27/12669902/game-129-preview-los-angeles-angels-at-detroit-tigers
Game 129 Preview: Los Angeles Angels at Detroit Tigers.
bybtb

http://www.espn.com/mlb/preview?gameId=360827106
Angels-Tigers preview.
espn

http://www.baseball-reference.com/previews/2016/DET201608270.shtml
Detroit Tigers vs. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, at Comerica Park, August 27, 2016 Matchups, Tickets, Preview.
Baseball Reference

Unless this changes, whatever the reason, the game isn't on MLB Extra Innings tonight. In case any other poster who is out of state is wondering.

Thirteen times in 2016 the Tigers have been involved in winning or losing streaks of at least four games. Nine of those streaks have been on the plus side.

Forecast calls for storms to be out of here by game time.

Orioles have already lost so if the Tigers win tonight, they are tied for the 2nd wild card spot.

Last edited:
The game is on FS1.

Yeah I don't know who this broadcast team is it's neither the Angels nor the Tigers broadcast team.

Oh they just introduced themselves, they are the broadcast team of fuckhead an ass face.

Meanwhile may been caught stealing and I guess the Lions game will be covered with look ins on the NFL network.

Tigers kind of wasted an opportunity in the 1st inning. Maybin: walk, thrown out stealing. Cabrera: walk. V. Martinez: single. JD Martinez: fly ball, out, Cabrera to 3rd. Upton: ground out. We had 3 baserunners.

This California angels pitcher his nickname should be Red.

Not only because he has red hair and a red beard but he also has red blotches all over his face.

Fulmer's pitches have been way off the plate since he hit that batter. Then of course he had to give up a home run shortly after some of those wild-ish pitches.

Victor tossed. Home Plate umpire with questionable calls against the Tigers, but none when Fulmer has been pitching.

Victor tossed. Home Plate umpire with questionable calls against the Tigers, but none when Fulmer has been pitching.

Fulmer had a few that went his way...the rest were so far off the plate that Helen Keller could call them balls.

From the gameday and twitter I see that strike two to Miggy was off the corner and was a ball.
I don't know what happened with Victor for getting thrown out....
sounds like home plate ump Mike Everitt is being his usual assholish self.

From the gameday and twitter I see that strike two to Miggy was off the corner and was a ball.
I don't know what happened with Victor for getting thrown out....
sounds like home plate ump Mike Everitt is being his usual assholish self.

It was a little off the plate...not much. Victor got tossed for not shutting up. The umpire gave him plenty of time and warnings but Victor wouldn't let it go. IMO, he deserved to get tossed...he was holding up the game.

It was a little off the plate...not much. Victor got tossed for not shutting up. The umpire gave him plenty of time and warnings but Victor wouldn't let it go. IMO, he deserved to get tossed...he was holding up the game.

Yes and the ump had the right to run him a lot earlier than he did? he allowed Victor to get off a lot more lip then he really had to. I'm watching the game with my wife and she said "he's going to get thrown out" and sure as shit he did.

Also I think it was only strike one-it certainly wasn't strike three-very poor behavior by Victor.

Tossed for stupid behavior at a crucial time in a crucial game, and possibly facing a short suspension at a crucial time in the season.

We will find out after the game why Victor went off like he did.
But maybe, it had to do with Everitt calling strikes that were balls to Miggy and others.

Back