Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit 5 Los Angeles 2 Final

This should be a really good test against a top Western team. Los Angelos is known as a big, physical team that doesn't make many mistakes. The Wings will legitimately have to take this game from them to win. Size vs. Speed, Experience vs. Enthusiasm. Should be fun to watch.

I don't honestly expect a victory, but I'd really like to see how the young guys respond to getting knocked around. I want to see how much fight they have if LA shrinks the ice and they can't just outspeed opponents.

Teams like the Kings give us fits...Just to damn big...

Teams like the Kings give us fits...Just to damn big...

On the upside, there are really only two teams like the Kings; LA and Boston. We've managed to play well against Boston, so I'm hoping at least a close game against LA. It's also something of a difficult team to identify. It's easy to say they are big and physical, but both teams also sport a lot of top end skill and talent. Are those teams at the top of their respective conferences because of their size, or just because they are so damn talented? Being big and physical might be a style more than an inherent advantage.

3 goals early in the game!!! Two Nyquist powerplay goals ( I think)

red wings 3-0.jpg

4 goals now still in the first period all against Quick. Nyquist 2x PP, Datsyuk, and Tatar. LA must have the wind knocked out of them having gotten smoked by the Penguins last night.

Wow.. I was out watching our HS team get pummeled by Zeeland West 50-0 in the first round of the playoffs... I left at halftime when we were down 44-0... Very nice win...

Nice 5-2 win tonight!! (One goal was an empty-netter.) The Wings have played very well defensively this month. The Wings are 6-2-2 with 14 points. They are only 3 points behind Montreal, and tied for 4th in points in the NHL as of this moment. Perhaps the Wings will lead the Atlantic Division for a period of time.

Wings defense seems legit so far... Find the offense like the last two games and maybe make a big splash at the deadline maybe this club has a shot in the playoffs...

Especially gratifying is that the team no longer looks like still art on ice.

This team looks pretty good, have to say. They are playing well, look good on offense and solid defensively. The blue line admittedly has a lot of very average players but they are all at least solid, decent NHLers.

Back