Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU vs Minny

You can't blame going to OT on Schilling - he lucked out and the guy missed the and-1 for the win. If the gopher hit his FT, you could blame Schilling for us losing in regulation.

Going to OT was a team effort, including a significant contribution from Izzo.

True regarding Schilling, but I believe he also fouled a guy shooting a 3 with under 10 minutes left in the 2nd half. Also, he did a poor job of staying on his man at the end of regulation, which led to the made basket plus the foul.

Last edited:
Izzo will never win another championship. He's too busy teaching these kids how to be good people instead of coaching to win. I'm almost wishing he was a d-bag like Calipari... Almost...

Izzo will never win another championship. He's too busy teaching these kids how to be good people instead of coaching to win. I'm almost wishing he was a d-bag like Calipari... Almost...
You can teach kids to be good people and foul up 3 with under 8 seconds to go

Second game where izzo elects not to foul up 3 late and we lose both games. Hard to believe we make the same mistake again after a timeout.

Izzo has done this many times in the last several years. Im glad i didnt watch this game.

Gophers came back in hockey too - won 5-3. We can give Izzo some time but Tom Anastos sucks. He's gotta go.

Gophers came back in hockey too - won 5-3. We can give Izzo some time but Tom Anastos sucks. He's gotta go.

I agree, our hockey program has been in the gutter since about 2008, Anastos has made 1 tournament his first year with Rick Comleys players.

I agree, our hockey program has been in the gutter since about 2008, Anastos has made 1 tournament his first year with Rick Comleys players.

and Rick Comley was bad too - his 2007 title was the NCAA equivalent of the Miracle on Ice except he's no Herb Brooks. Mason should have hired Miller - an NHL guy w/ deep ties to the program that wanted the job. How is that not the easiest decision for an AD that was the hockey coach for over 20 years?

The story I heard was Mason wanted to protect his own legacy by not hiring Miller. Seems rather petty but who knows.

Last edited:
Back