Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Win out, 2 BTT wins, is that enough?

dubbsco

Ultimately would get them to 19 wins with victories over OSU, Maryland, and would likely be Wisconsin in the tournament.

I don't know if that will be enough. All I know is tomorrow's game is going to be really tough. The Terps only loss at home was to Virginia. Going to have to play great defense to win at Maryland.

I think Michigan has no chance unless they get the auto-bid. That ship sailed long ago I'm afraid. It would be too little too late.

I think if they somehow did that, it would at least give us a good sweat to watch on the selection show. But if they won the 8/9 game (which it looks like they'll get), somehow beat Wisconsin, and then stole one more to get to 20, I think that would be a pretty quality resume to get in.

I know it's a TON to ask of them, but if they win tomorrow afternoon, maybe we can start to dream.

Ehh Michigan's coming off 5 straight losses in conference. Even with an incredible finish there's too much stain on the resume. Would be cool to have a finish like that though.

I think if they somehow did that, it would at least give us a good sweat to watch on the selection show. But if they won the 8/9 game (which it looks like they'll get), somehow beat Wisconsin, and then stole one more to get to 20, I think that would be a pretty quality resume to get in.

I know it's a TON to ask of them, but if they win tomorrow afternoon, maybe we can start to dream.

If they pull off this type of run, JB should be coach of the year.

Last edited:
Lol yeah. I'm hoping against hope that they can get it done. Crazier stuff has happened in conference tournaments.

Those losses to EMU and the New Jersey Institute of Waste Management are really looming large. Horrible horrible losses that are looking more like they destroyed the season.

We need to tank and get off the 8 and 9 game... Winner plays Wisconsins in Wisconsin first game.. Would we rather have Wisconsin, Msu, Maryland or Purdue ? I hate tanking though that right there is Piston talk.. Yuck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its a thought though.. Win them all in the BTT and go to the dance...
Just think if we had won smu, EMU and NJIT teams we have no business losing at home to.
team is 17-10 with a decent shot at a at large bid... No one to blame but ourselves.

Last edited:
Back