Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jake Locker

lions2011

watched the Titans in pre season and have to say this kid has a TON of talent....I got him pegged as the best of the rookies this year.

he'll be starting real soon.....fuck Hasslebeck

Slick might have some believe it but he's not the devil.

Thy signed Hassleback to a good chunk of change. They have to be out of it or Hassleback has to be playing really bad to be removed.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Thy signed Hassleback to a good chunk of change. They have to be out of it or Hassleback has to be playing really bad to be removed.

Hassleback is only making 5 million this year , and he isn't going to see 2012 or 2013 on that deal.

Locker will be the QB real soon if the Titans aren't winning.

Right if the Titans aren't winning. For some reason I thought he got a bigger deal.

I don't think the kid will be that good. JMO. This was a shitty QB class to begin with but I think Kaepernick has a better shot to be a franchise QB. He's just more raw.

Eddie said:
I don't think the kid will be that good. JMO. This was a shitty QB class to begin with but I think Kaepernick has a better shot to be a franchise QB. He's just more raw.

if we all agreed it'd be a shitty board.

Lockers probably the best athlete at that position that was drafted in 2011....in a WCO he will excell....just an opinion.

you have to be accurate in a WCO, and that's what he wasn't in college. i'm not sold on the kid yet, but he's got a great arm. too bad nobody in tennesee can catch a fucking cold either to help him out.

fedexgooch78 said:
you have to be accurate in a WCO, and that's what he wasn't in college. i'm not sold on the kid yet, but he's got a great arm. too bad nobody in tennesee can catch a fucking cold either to help him out.

Jared Cook is a potential beast in the mold of Finley. He started to come on late in the season. Sleeper potential there. I think Slick was trying to say Locker has the athleticism you look for in a QB for WCO. As far as accuracy, he played on a college team with zero talent. He had a worse completion percentage than Stafford but people were giving Stafford shit about completion percentage. He seems poised for 60+% nowadays. I'm not saying he'll be Stafford but he can easy complete 3-5% more passes in his rookie season over his senior college season. WCO boosts completion percentage anyway.

SLICK said:
watched the Titans in pre season and have to say this kid has a TON of talent....I got him pegged as the best of the rookies this year.

he'll be starting real soon.....fuck Hasslebeck

On a side note.....I watched Jake Locker vs Kellen Moore for the State Championship several years ago. You could see then that both guys were going to be special. Moore's team got destroyed and he didn't have much of a chance to show off his skills but Locker looked like a man playing with boys and did most of it with his legs.

As far as his accuracy goes once he is on the move a bit his accuracy goes way up. I'm sure they will have him move around a bit on those short passes and his numbers will go up.

Hassellbeck will probably be injured by week two so Locker could see the field sooner than later.

As a fan of the game I'm all for Locker getting playing time this season. Rather watch him and see what he has over Hasseback.

Back