Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

da bang, da dang, diggy diggy!

turok

My name is Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid
Kid Rock!!

I am going to run for US Senator representing MI in '18!!

or, not:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/12/politics/kid-rock-us-senate-twitter/index.html

Considering that MI is quickly becoming as dumb, poor, and red as any regressive xtian Deep-South state, I would guess that Mr. Ritchey could win quite handily over the incumbent Ms. Stabenow in the '18 midterms...if he decides to declare his candidacy.

Since we Murkins also seem to be hell-bent upon becoming some kind of surreal hybrid Oligarch-Theocrat-Authoritarian Kakistocracy, with perhaps a 21st century Axis powers alliance with Russia, Israel, Saudi Arabia, and maybe even China, the remainder of this decade should be quite interesting, albeit likely tumultuous.

no way it he wins.

Trump could at least play the role of "successful businessman" to dumb people. "Well he was a successful business man, and I have no fucking idea how things work, so his claim that business success = political success holds water with me. He could totally make Mexico pay for the wall."

no way it he wins.

Trump could at least play the role of "successful businessman" to dumb people. "Well he was a successful business man, and I have no fucking idea how things work, so his claim that business success = political success holds water with me. He could totally make Mexico pay for the wall."

You still hurt aren't you? Lol. I'm pretty sure people saw the witch he was running against..

You still hurt aren't you? Lol. I'm pretty sure people saw the witch he was running against..

LOL Mitch do you still stand by your earlier claim that Trump did more in his first 20 days then Obama did in 8 years?

Yeah. Bernie woulda won.

such a missed opportunity...

But I'm not hurt as much as I am disappointed and worried for the future.

Kid Rock's official senate campaign website (he actually set this up!) calls himself the "pimp of the nation"

some guy on twitter pointed out that if elected, he's be the first senator to have been featured in a sex tape with Creed singer Scott Stapp (another god-awful musician).

how insane is it that he was a lousy musician, is a shitty person, and would be a shitty senator -no question about that - but still has a non-zero chance of beating a flawed but more-or-less decent, experienced senator?

Before this I never knew the guy's actual name.

As long as Donald Trump has been in the public eye he dressed like and looked like and sometimes talked like someone who was a political candidate.

Kid Rock is even more of a stretch than Donald Trump was.

Before this I never knew the guy's actual name.

As long as Donald Trump has been in the public eye he dressed like and looked like and sometimes talked like someone who was a political candidate.

Kid Rock is even more of a stretch than Donald Trump was.

yeah good point... the optics matter a lot. at least the public was used to seeing Trump in a suit everyday. Or his fat-old-guy golf gear.

lots of voters see those status/class indicators and robotically think to themselves: "He looks like someone who should boss me around. I will vote him for leader."

Kid Rock's scraggly, white trash "I'm a multi-millionaire son of a multi-millionaire, but I'm a rapper/rocker/country boy (whatever sells right now) just like you, brother" look will only confuse people.

plus he was in a sex tape with Scott Stapp.

I still trying to find anything Obama did, at all.

He "took the Dow" from 6500 to 19000. I didn't know sitting Presidents got credit for the stock market until a few weeks ago. Turns out Obama is as badass as you can get.

He "took the Dow" from 6500 to 19000. I didn't know sitting Presidents got credit for the stock market until a few weeks ago. Turns out Obama is as badass as you can get.

When Obama does it, it's just inflation. When Trump does it, it's because 'the business' has confidence in Trump. :nod:

Maybe they get credit but they shouldn't, Obama to 19000 or Trump to 20000 plus. And even if they did it's not much of a comparison, one had 8 years the other has had 6 months. And going from 6 to 19 and going from 19 to 20 isn't a fair comparison either.. Either way neither guy had anything to with it.

Maybe they get credit but they shouldn't, Obama to 19000 or Trump to 20000 plus. And even if they did it's not much of a comparison, one had 8 years the other has had 6 months. And going from 6 to 19 and going from 19 to 20 isn't a fair comparison either.. Either way neither guy had anything to with it.

No President before Trump has ever taken credit for the stock market because it implies, logically, that you'd also then take the blame for a decline. God knows Trump would blame others if that were the case and the claim that Trump has done really anything yet is false. He can sign orders that accomplish nothing and talk all he wants about healthcare reform and tax cuts, but Obama guided the country and economy out of a generational recession that teetered on being a full Depression and now Donny -- like he's done his entire life -- is sitting on 3rd acting like he hit a Triple.

Last edited:
I still trying to find anything Obama did, at all.

Here is a few items for people who obviously had their heads up their asses the previous 8 years....

1 ? Rescued the country from the Great Recession, cutting the unemployment rate from 10% to 4.7% over six years

2 ? Signed the Affordable Care Act which provided health insurance to over 20 million uninsured Americans

3 ? Ended the war in Iraq

4 ? Ordered for the capture and killing of Osama Bin Laden

5 ? Passed the $787 billion America Recovery and Reinvestment Act to spur economic growth during the Great Recession

6 ? Supported the LGBT community?s fight for marriage equality

7 ? Commuted the sentences of nearly 1200 drug offenders to reverse ?unjust and outdated prison sentences?

8 ? Saved the U.S. auto industry

9 ? Helped put the U.S. ontrack for energy independence by 2020

10 ? Began the drawdown of troops in Afghanistan

11 ? Signed the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals allowing as many as 5 million people living in the U.S. illegally to avoid deportation and receive work permits

12 ?Signed the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act to re-regulate the financial sector

13 ? Dropped the veteran homeless rate by 50 percent

14 ? Reversed Bush-era torture policies

15 ? Began the process of normalizing relations with Cuba

16 ? Increased Department of Veteran Affairs funding

17 ? Signed the Credit Card Accountability, Responsibility, and Disclosure Act

18 ? Boosted fuel efficiency standards for cars

19 ? Improved school nutrition with the Healthy Hunger-Free Kids Act

20 ? Repealed the military?s ?Don?t Ask, Don?t Tell? policy

21 ? Signed the Hate Crimes Prevention Act, making it a federal crime to assault anyone based on sexual or gender identification

22 ? Helped negotiate the landmark Iran Nuclear Deal

23 ? He signed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act to combat pay discrimination against women

24 ? Nominated Sonia Sotomayor to the Supreme Court, making her the first Hispanic ever to serve as a justice

25 ? Supported veterans through a $78 billion tuition assistance GI bill

26 ? Won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009 ?for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples?

27 ? Launched My Brother?s Keeper, a White House initiative designed to help young minorities achieve their full potential

28 ? Expanded embryonic stem cell research leading to groundbreaking work in areas including spinal injury treatment and cancer

Source: https://www.good.is/articles/obamas-achievements-in-office

Here's more: http://washingtonmonthly.com/magazine/januaryfebruary-2017/obamas-top-50-accomplishments-revisited/

B06pwjZIMAAOkxJ.jpg:large

Here is a few items for people who obviously had their heads up their asses the previous 8 years....

1 – Rescued the country from the Great Recession, cutting the unemployment rate from 10% to 4.7% over six years

2 – Signed the Affordable Care Act which provided health insurance to over 20 million uninsured Americans

28 – Expanded embryonic stem cell research leading to groundbreaking work in areas including spinal injury treatment and cancer

Source: https://www.good.is/articles/obamas-achievements-in-office

Here's more: http://washingtonmonthly.com/magazine/januaryfebruary-2017/obamas-top-50-accomplishments-revisited/

B06pwjZIMAAOkxJ.jpg:large

In before "fake news".

Last edited:
Kid Rock's campaign slogan should be, "I Can Smell A Pig From A Mile Away!"

Also, he should have old man style hats like Trump that say, "I am the Bullgod."

Anyone willing to bet there is a former DSF poster with a Kid Rock for US Senate sign in his lawn already?

I agree with the idea that this is a dumb metric, but if we want to compare apples to apples, from inauguration to July 7th of his 1st term, the DJIA went up 2.7% under Obama and 2.1% under Trump.

Why July 7th? Because I meant to type 17th and didn't and I'm not doing it again.

Back