Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

World Cup draw

Its about on par with the French group.

I think the French group is weaker.

France, Denmark, Peru, Australia

I mean Peru barely got in. Had to play New Zealand in qualifiers. Will be their first WC in 26 years.

Uraguay on otherhand, was 4th place in SA and lost in round of 16 after losing Suarez thanks to his biting incident.

Denmark also had to rely on secondary qualifiers to get in, defeating the powerhouse if Ireland. Denmark ain't exactly a top team.

I mean Australia is so good as well, they too had to rely on secondary qualifiers.

Saudi Arabia edged out Australia for automatic asian qualifying spot. They were in same group, but tie breaker was Saudi.

Egypt is pretty shite though.

They will still struggle getting out of that group though. Even if they do somehow make it they will be eliminated in the first knockout game.

Very likely, getting out of group A means playing winners of group B which are Spain/Portugal unless one of them royally screws up.

OK 2nd worst group lol.. VP trying to be a little coy !!!!

Back