Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

USA vs Slovenia Men's hockey

biggunsbob

USA blows a 2-0 third period lead and it's tied 2-2 now going into ot. USA played great for 2 and a half periods . Out shot them big time. Just got out worked badly in the third. Defense was bad in the third .
Thee on three hockey upcoming .

Last edited:
Lost 3-2 ... just awful .36 seconds and there is a goal ..Team USA looked like the Red wings in ot. Take a bad shot and give up a 3 on 2 and that is that just awful defense ..

Last edited:
Not as devastating as I thought . There are 3 groups of 4 teams. 12 total .. all 12 advance with 3 divison winners and next best team all getting byes in elimination rounds.

Not as devastating as I thought . There are 3 groups of 4 teams. 12 total .. all 12 advance with 3 divison winners and next best team all getting byes in elimination rounds.

Reminds me of the late 70's when just about everyone made the playoffs, NHL. I believe 16 of 21 teams got in..

They bounced back and Slovakia 2-1 and when The Olympic Athletes of Russia beat Slovenia yesterday we moved in to first place in the group lol.. If we beat them next game we will get a bye.

I didn't know Datsyuk was playing for the Russian Olympic team..

Well I missed Granato and Chelios on coaching staff until first game... was too lazy to make a post.

USA getting blasted by Russia team 4-0 final....Looks like no bye for us in the next round

USA has to play in the qualifications playoffs and Russia gets a bye sadly. USA had plenty of chances to score .. Pavel Datsyuk was fantastic. Man I miss him :/

Last edited:
They got killed alright.. It's still better than having all NHL players playing. I was happy they decided to not let them. It was like watching a regular season NHL game accept you were playing against some of your teammates. I hated it. Though I wish they limited the age on an Olympic hockey team to 25 or so.

Back