Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Wrestling Standings update

biggunsbob

Didn't Michigan beat OSU and Iowa?

Nope lost 18-15 to #2 osu. Won the high profile matches lost the others.
Lost to #10 Lehigh second match of the Season way back in November 27-8
Lost to #1 psu 25-12.

Beat Iowa in a close one 19-17.

Last edited:
Nope lost 18-15 to #2 osu. Won the high profile matches lost the others.
Lost to #10 Lehigh second match of the Season way back in November 27-8
Lost to #1 psu 25-12.

Beat Iowa in a close one 19-17.

Michigan Heavyweight handed Kyle Snyder his first ever NCAA loss. Your guy, Coon I think is his name, wrestled a great match. Played effective defense, for the most part, but turned it quickly to offense when he had the shot. Those two will probably meet up two more times, once in the B1G championships and then again in the NCAA tournament.

Edit: That Penn State squad, by the way, is a wrecking crew.

Last edited:
kinda surprisin' there aren't more SEC teams or any Texas teams in the Top 25. they love "wrasslin'" down here

kinda surprisin' there aren't more SEC teams or any Texas teams in the Top 25. they love "wrasslin'" down here

Wrestling has always been a Midwest thing plus the Oklahoma schools. I have no idea why it never became big in other parts of the States. I can't think of any other schools that have won a NC in wrestling besides Iowa, Iowa St., Penn St., Oklahoma, and Oklahoma St. It may not be the case anymore, but farming communities produced a lot of talent. Probably because the kids were throwing hay bales around all and working their asses off before school started.

Last edited:
Back