Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

fans

I'm a packers fan. But since they got henne I've been rooting for miami.

I lived in Vegas from 1987 to 2004 so I started liking a Chargers as my second team.. I love their old uniforms... I always rooted for the Patriots because of Brady but I root for all former Wolverines..

As a kid I also rooted for the Browns due to Tecmo Bowl. The original Tecmo Bowl with only 12 teams or whatever and no Lions squad. Loved picking off passes with Hanford Dixon and runnin' chumps over with Kevin Mack...

Nowadays it's pretty much whoever is playing the Bears and Cowboys. Unless I have money on them
grin.png

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]Phins

Same here. Maybe it's fools gold, but I'm liking what I'm seeing from Reggie Bush so far. Not so much with Thomas.

Really excited to see how the defense does, with another year under Nolan. Ready for Sean Smith to step up.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]Thomas had one decent game. Give him time to develop..

I will, I just think it's going to take more time than I hoped. After watching him so far I think it's going to be tough for him to find the right balance between hitting the hole quickly, and also keeping his eyes up to see the running lanes. Obviously, this is a common problem for anybody dealing with NFL speed for the first time, but unless Larry Johnson magically becomes a competent back again, Miami needs Thomas to put it together right away.

Preseason caveats apply, but I'm just not liking what I see so far.

I will stop short of calling myself a fan, but I like the 49ers. Since I've moved out here they've kind of grown on me. Though, even if they win a superbowl, they'll never be "my team".

Also, I root for the teams with Michigan QBs (Brady and Henne) and other teams that get into the playoffs with former wolverines. Hopefully this year though, I can root for another former Wolverine in the playoffs (BACKUS).

David Harris plays for the Jets and makes a lot of money. Woodley plays for the Steelers...you've got a lot of playoff potential around the NFL. lol

I root for patriots too because of Brady, and I do the same for some others. Too bad Woodley is on the Steelers. I fucking hate them.

As for the lions, I hope they succeed as much as possible as long as they don't beat Green Bay, or get in the way of a superbowl lol

You won't seeing me root for other clubs on Sunday but I do like certain players on the Texans. And I like P. Manning so I'll be rooting for them if they're up against teams I dislike. Like NE, Jets, etc.

I tried to be a panthers fan during the 08 year, I just couldn't get interested.

adam86107 said:
I tried to be a panthers fan during the 08 year, I just couldn't get interested.

Not sure you can just try and be a fan of a team. Something has to hit ya and say yeah..

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
adam86107 said:

Not sure you can just try and be a fan of a team. Something has to hit ya and say yeah..

Haha yeah, I was desperate to see a win from my team that year.

I remember when I first started watching Peyton. I just love the way he runs the Colts offense and his audibles and even his non audibles, hands flailing about - cool to watch.

Back