Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Andrew Luck #1 Pick 2012

Beez said:
stonecold2136 said:
I still don't understand why the colts brought Kerry Collins in, with no time to learn the offense. Curtis Painter already knows the system. At least the colts may win 2 or 3 games with Painter. I see an 0-16 season with Collins.

The Colts D is horrible!!!! With out Manning to carry the entire team on his back,this could be the worst team in NFL history

Well that hsould tell you something about Painter I would think.

We will never know unless Painter at least gets a chance

He blows. Just lose games like a man, draft Luck and be done with it.

Polian and the Colts have already started scouting Luck.

Andrew Luck - QB - Player

Colts president Bill Polian scouted Stanford QB Andrew Luck on Saturday.
Polian saw the presumed No. 1 pick of the 2012 draft carve up Duke, completing 20-of-28 passes for 290 yards, four touchdowns and an interception. While the Colts were horrendous on Sunday, it still seems unlikely they'll be the worst team in the NFL this season. It's also unlikely they would draft and invest in a new franchise quarterback just nine months after signing Peyton Manning to a five-year, $90 million contract extension. With Luck considered the best quarterback prospect since Manning, however, such a move could by no means be ruled out if Indy indeed "earns" the No. 1 pick.

Beez said:
Personally I think he'll be the #1 QB taken as long as he doesnt collapse this year. What do you think about #1 overall though if Carolina would end up there? Do you really htink they'd take him? I don't. Would be an easy spot to trade out of though. I imagine there would be a handful of team willing to give up some serious picks for that spot.

That's one of the things that will change this year with the new rookie pay scale (FUCK i wish there was one for all our awful picks over the last 10 years). It opens up the amount of trade partners there will be for whoever ends up with that #1 pick. No worry about the money anymore that pick would demand.

SF may pull a Ditka and give up their entire draft!!

stonecold2136 said:
I still don't understand why the colts brought Kerry Collins in, with no time to learn the offense. Curtis Painter already knows the system. At least the colts may win 2 or 3 games with Painter. I see an 0-16 season with Collins.

The Colts D is horrible!!!! With out Manning to carry the entire team on his back,this could be the worst team in NFL history

Were you in a coma in 2008??

I believe there was a team that year that would have been dominated by this years Colts, reguardless of who their QB is.

Back