Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

end of game call last night

michiganct

Goaline set and handing off to your third stringer, who's a rookie.

And you have drew brees.

Who dat alright

michiganct said:
Goaline set and handing off to your third stringer, who's a rookie.

And you have drew brees.

Who dat alright

write a letter to Sean Payton...express your displeasure fucktard.

Well considering they tried a play action earlier in a similar situation and Drew Brees ran 50 yards in the wrong direction before dumping it off...I'd say you can't knock Payton for hoping his highly rated NFL team/1st round pick could get 1 yard. (Especially with limited space being so close to the endzone for a pass.) Hind sight is 20/20 and if Ingram slips in then no one questions it. It's not like he tried a fake field goal in a 3 point game with no time left. I think Payton's earned a pass to make a call that doesnt work every now n again. I wouldn't call Ingram a 3rd string back either.

It was a bad call... The Packers have already shown earlier in the game they could stop that play... A naked boot leg would have been a perfect call. Man i hate the Packers...

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]It was a bad call... The Packers have already shown earlier in the game they could stop that play... A naked boot leg would have been a perfect call. Man i hate the Packers...

Packers showed they could stop a play action pass on 4th and 1 earlier as well. A team shuts your short yardage run game down a few times n it's a bad call to go back to it? I dont buy that. You can forfeit the run game with a yard to gain. Doesn't mean he HAS to run it, but if he does, I have no problem with the call.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]It was a bad call... The Packers have already shown earlier in the game they could stop that play... A naked boot leg would have been a perfect call. Man i hate the Packers...
;_;

Everybody was expecting a pass play. the play wasn't a bad call, the line just didn't win the battle.

And since when does the 3rd string running back leads the team in carries?

I can't recall all the details but it looked like he ran right at big 90. Bad move. Btw, I have Raji and Suh as my top DT in my Madden franchise.

:)

Maize&Cheese304 said:
Everybody was expecting a pass play. the play wasn't a bad call, the line just didn't win the battle.

Since the other two guys did better and have more game experience. He only started case its the Saints and they don't run much so they have no problem sticking ingram in there. But then again, they might have won if Thomas had more carries

Ingram played well last night. All I know is if you want to win ball games, let your best player have the ball at the end. Another big play at the end, the one before the clock was stopped at 12 seconds, the Saints with no timeouts and ran the ball. That took some time off the clock. Could have used it. Let Brees win it for ya.

michiganct said:
Maize&Cheese304 said:

Since the other two guys did better and have more game experience. He only started case its the Saints and they don't run much so they have no problem sticking ingram in there. But then again, they might have won if Thomas had more carries

Really? A professional football team is going to start their "third-string" running back over their other two "better backs" because they don't run much. I'm beginning to see why these guys give you a hard time.

I am totally suprised with the call. The Saints were getting their teeth kicked in all night in short yardage situations, yet you had Brees with 400+ passing yards and you call a play right into the D's strength.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]If this was Detroit I would have been pissed.

you weren't pissed when they gave Stanton a pass option play in the jets game ?

Ingraham = Bust! kidding ofcourse. But if you cant get a yd in that situation you dont deserve to win. Gutsy call but he had confidence in his team.

Back