Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Getting smoked gets you $50 mil

mhughes0021

Chiefs signed LCB Brandon Flowers to a five-year, $50 million extension with $22 million guaranteed.
The extension locks up Flowers through the 2016 season. Flowers fell to the second round of the 2008 draft due to concerns with his forty time, but he's emerged as one of the league's top cornerbacks in both coverage and run support. A physical athlete who plays bigger than his size (5'10/187), Flowers is still only 25 years old. The Chiefs will likely move fellow contract-year CB Brandon Carr to the top of their extension priority list. Tamba Hali and Derrick Johnson have also recently been locked up long term. Source: Andrew Siciliano on Twitter Sep 16 - 4:13 PMPlayer Outlook
Game Log
Career Stats
Draft Advice

Odd timing comming off his horrid week 1 performance against the bills of all teams....

mhughes0021 said:
Chiefs signed LCB Brandon Flowers to a five-year, $50 million extension with $22 million guaranteed.
The extension locks up Flowers through the 2016 season. Flowers fell to the second round of the 2008 draft due to concerns with his forty time, but he's emerged as one of the league's top cornerbacks in both coverage and run support. A physical athlete who plays bigger than his size (5'10/187), Flowers is still only 25 years old. The Chiefs will likely move fellow contract-year CB Brandon Carr to the top of their extension priority list. Tamba Hali and Derrick Johnson have also recently been locked up long term. Source: Andrew Siciliano on Twitter Sep 16 - 4:13 PMPlayer Outlook
Game Log
Career Stats
Draft Advice

Odd timing comming off his horrid week 1 performance against the bills of all teams....

smoked ??? Johnson had 4 catches for 66 yds and a TD on him...hardly smoked.

Flowers is one of the best young CBs in the NFL.

In any event its weird rewarding someone when your defense just gets done making fitzpatrick look like Dan Marino.

mhughes0021 said:
Got smoked on the td.

watch the replay Johnson puts like a 40 inch vertical to get a ball thrown 3 feet over his head...and Mcgraw is late getting there with the deep Safety help.

and like I said 4 catches 66 yards and a TD.....hardly smoked.

mhughes0021 said:
In any event its weird rewarding someone when your defense just gets done making fitzpatrick look like Dan Marino.

he threw for 208 yds.......ya dude they got scorched.

they also lost their Pro Bowl Safety...hence the TE scoring 2 TDs on them.

$50 mil corners should be able to jump 3 feet!
laugh.png

Well I'll go out on a limb and say he's going to get smoked this week.

I drafted Flowers on my Madden franchise team. I'm smart like that.

$50 mil what?? best young corner what??? smoked again and it only took a couple mins
laugh.png

mhughes0021 said:
$50 mil what?? best young corner what??? smoked again and it only took a couple mins
laugh.png

watch the play tard...they're in zone the Safety is late getting over.

my god you're clueless.

SLICK said:
mhughes0021 said:
laugh.png

my god you're clueless.

does it make me clueless when they started toying with him inside the 10 yd line. First one CJ straight dropped. then 50 mil got SMOKED one v one!

mhughes0021 said:
SLICK said:

my god you're clueless.

does it make me clueless when they started toying with him inside the 10 yd line. First one CJ straight dropped. then 50 mil got SMOKED one v one!

he got beat straight up on the 2nd one...but as soon as CJ gets the inside on any CB in the league its over.

still the first one was the Safety's fault.

3 catches for 29 yards and 1 TD...hardly a bad day against a top 3 WR.

lionskillpack said:
Scheffler beat Flowers for his td

again zone , watch the Safety get there late...

Great throw by Stafford in between the CB and the late Safety.

Lions took full advantage of no Eric Berry.

I wish Dallas had a guy as terrible as Brandon Flowers at db. If he got smoked every game this way I'd be greatful.

Back