Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan Football Recruiting '17

The kid is the real deal. He's got Ed's height compared to Christian and all their boys are solid between the ears. Likely to win the same award Christian won in 13 as COLO Best Football Player, won this past fall by early enrollee Wolverine Carlo Kemp.

#HarbaughOwnsColorado

Last edited:
I watched some film on youtube of him. His game is a lot like Peters. Harbaugh defiantly seems to have an idea of what he likes at QB. he can run but he doesnt have the burst that Christian does. He does throw the ball well and seems to be able to read defenses.

He has his dads long stride. It looks like he is going nowhere, but is somehow creating distance between himself and his wouldbe tacklers.

6'1 230? And those are his junior year measurements? Wow.

Jeez...

If this 2016 year is as good as I think it can be, we are going to have an insanely great class for 2017. The great bowl game really helped, but if we can get 10-11 regular season wins, we're going to have recruits fighting each other for scholarships.

Todd Huber
‏@ToddHuberSS
We've got a new Nike+ Football Rating National Leader!

From New Mexico, O'Maury Samuels with a 138.30.

Vertical - 44.5"
40 - 4.58
Shuttle - 4.14
Powerball - 43' For those who don't know what the powerball test is http://www.topendsports.com/testing/tests/power-ball-chest-launch.htm

CdYm4EnUkAA3D-R.jpg

One hell of an athlete.

Last edited:
Last edited:
People seem to be getting his numbers wrong or he had 3 different times. I heard a couple weeks ago that he ran a 4.45 at the Dallas "The Opening." Then there are tweets going out with the 4.58. Then there are official numbers here: http://www.studentsports.com/football/2016/03/13/nike-football-opening-rating-day-dallas-results/

4.48 He's a burner and he looks very strong, like he wont get tripped up by someones' outstretched finger(Derrick Green)

Old shuffle shoes never picked up his feet. That's why he always got tripped up.

I watched some film on youtube of him. His game is a lot like Peters. Harbaugh defiantly seems to have an idea of what he likes at QB. he can run but he doesnt have the burst that Christian does. He does throw the ball well and seems to be able to read defenses.

that's exactly what I thought when he committed ...that he, like Peters, are in that Harbaugh mold of QB - tall and mobile ....a la, "Andrew Luck"

I LOVE the future of the M QB!

3 star DT Phillip Paea also committed. He had some good offers and oddly enough, found out that he and Bryan Mone are related while he was on a visit.

3 star DT Phillip Paea also committed. He had some good offers and oddly enough, found out that he and Bryan Mone are related while he was on a visit.

Good offers for a good Paea.

I enjoy a good paellla.
seafoodpaella.jpg

Thanks. I'll be here all week.
jTJMUCSUY59nJRR32DH8z7ZgJGNZQyVXJ6cUU1b3Nwx_lw3TiTSs0aI_YIZRRhx2-IS-5exEuYwjJ9XPe8cDh9oVI9GeSt-_M2U9tGf4_qmjkEnAAE3yV6YnYid9nrEBxok6xPRQEoioX2jLG1ryuc4h8og0mRKGbo-ZHkVgWHmQtKGSVG4Eowe8eL9bXnsyD2dTT365oQLsCs4KkPF49qWudTBu-XNr5DkiV_PGaOJVMqmjyK17fPuR7sD6AQedy_y_POuPKi6ONJc_LXBQOhNNpmi43H8VaL_zeUYMKzNaQmWFUAwByZyp0uDHyOLqDMpKLqbLSDRZxuno5uiwT3QY16VSAEV_nDCTVAHG5gR-GvSwi_AoRScP_8f1dG_rPbkNYOcCT81-vVhihL_TB1eH05p2ypp1dOnrIaFNwa3UAxfDUDdjnDROdtkfwNgkwyZfEZqbJ2MGlzcYnjakn_SyP-SUz8G-2pv6AWsUZmUu_dWS2q4SZNGnAJ8MB3pU7Wv6nCwbmmpKxel3GsNSBWbbfNF-wYGAV_z2oKiNcPAnTeIYNPko1IuKBSCL7ixeDmkB=w230-h138-no

This is a very muscular kid, if I do say so myself. I didnt get to 250lbs until I was 21. Ive watched his film and what im seeing is sort of like a great white shark. Seems a little slow at first with change of direction(almost like he plodding along), but once he zeros in on where the ball is, he gets there in a fucking hurry and blows everything up in his path. This kid could be something special as junior when his legs adapt to his weight. I see him as finally someone who wont have a problem shedding blocks. Also being considered as a fullback I see him having no problem destroying linebackers or defensive ends.

It's Luiji Vilain day

http://isportsweb.com/2016/06/07/michigan-football-recruiting-luiji-vilain/

http://michigan.247sports.com/Bolt/Announcement-details-for-Vilain-45751822

Looks like he will announce around 4pm. (I'd guess EST, but it doesn't say in the articles, probably shortly after...)

here's his profile, which has a commitment countdown timer (pretty neat)

As you can see, we are going up against our new 2nd most heated rival...Rutgers for his services. That makes this even bigger.

http://247sports.com/Player/Luiji-Vilain-43888

even though, he has announced a final 3 of Michigan, USC, and VaTech. Maybe Rutgers is just under the radar or something.

Well, I don't know if anyone cares, but Luiji Vilain committed to Michigan today

yay!

Back