Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

How To Embed an Image from the Web

Monster

Forum Manager
Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Sacramento Kings
Michigan Wolverines
Detroit Pistons
Step 1: Choose a picture you like. For purposes of instruction, we will use a picture from wikipedia. Click on the link in a new window/tab. I'll wait...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1964–65_Michigan_Wolverines_men's_basketball_team

Step 2: Right click on the Block M picture on the right side. This will open a menu. Choose the option that says "copy image location" - "Link location" is NOT what you want. Be careful. If this option is not available, click "View image".

A. If You were able to copy the image location, skip part b.

B. If you had to click on "View image", you should be looking at a blank page with only your image available. Copy the complete URL at the top of the screen.

Step 3: Go back to DSF and find this icon
insertimage.gif

Click it and paste that image location. Press okay and then post your reply.

You may use this thread to practice. If you have your own picture on your computer, upload it to an image hosting site like photobucket and then complete the steps. Simple.

2nd from left with quick reply, and 5th from left by Going Advanced. Maybe it's different if used by phone.

I don't have that icon either. I was gonna upload screenshots to show what I see when posting quick reply and when posting advanced but my internet shit the bed and I can't get it to work on my phone. The only way for me to post pictures is by using the manage attachment tab and it gives the option to browse the computer or use url.

Back